PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Our Beautiful Bobcat Moxie

Bobcats, servals, lynx, margay, anything smaller than a cheetah

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

MoxiClean

Our Beautiful Bobcat Moxie

Postby MoxiClean » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

She is 9 months old and weighs around 33 pounds. She is toilet trained 100%, and that is in anyone's house. She eats mostly Elk meat, raw chicken, beef liver, and beef. She is very affectionate and loving, very bonded to our whole family. She is actually my daughter Tobi's cat and I am babysitting her while they are moving to a different house in Everette, Washington.
I can give tips on feeding, toilet training and general behavior. You can see some of my videos of her on YouTube at my channel http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rubitrack&oq=rubitrack&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=3065l6049l0l9230l9l9l0l3l3l0l483l1003l3.2.4-1l6l0

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Our Beautiful Bobcat Moxie

Postby Ash » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Wow, she's so pretty. The more I keep seeing people post pictures of their exotic cats, the more I become more interested in them! Bobcats seem like they can be so affectionate.

That's great that you toilet trained her. Was it very hard to do? Does she spray at all?

I hope your daughter has good luck with her move. Will she be able to take Moxie with her?

Is the bobcat good around the baby? Or are they kept separate?

Sorry for the many questions!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
MoxiClean

Postby MoxiClean » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:36 pm

No problem with the questions. We had a ton of them too before she bought Moxie. As far as how hard it was to toilet train her, you have to just go into it with a winning attitude. Don't get discouraged it doesn't work instantly. Consistency is very important. They love water, and with Moxie, every time you flush the toilet she runs in to get her paws in the water. They make a hell of a mess playing in it, but you have to let them indulge. Check out the "Litter Quitter" system and follow that technique, it works.

No babies, but she is gentle around the 5 year old girl. In fact, that's who she likes to sleep with. They are very gentle and loving unless you threaten them physically or get between them and their food. They are very possessive. She's also possessive about her baby....stuffed kitty that she licks all the time and packs around with her and naps with. I wouldn't let her around a young baby simply because they might lay on the baby's face and smother....purely out of affection.

She has never sprayed. I guess it helps to have them fixed at an early age. She is spayed and declawed on all 4s
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:12 am

She is beautiful. great videos too. All bobs will spray though. I have never met one that doesn't. She is too young yet, and spaying or neutering doesn't make it stop. Some do spray less than others though, but they all will spray. I have although heard of a couple that didn't spray when they were adults, but I don't know if that was true or not.

I think that is really cool that she uses the toilet like that. Ours loves water too, he loves to get in the bathtub. Can't wait to see more of Moxie.
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:52 am

What a gorgeous girl!!! She sounds like a doll too. :mrgreen:
amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:15 am

Mine didn't start spraying until very late. They were almost 2 when they finally started.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi Moxieclean,

Thank you, for, joining the forum. You truly, have a beautiful girl. I loved the youtube clips. Thank you, for, sharing them. Feel free, to share, more picture's, video's, and stories.

egroegart wrote:All bobs will spray though. I have never met one that doesn't.

Not in my experience. I have met three, different cases, of, single adult male Bobcats that did not spray. They all had been castrated, by eight weeks old. Plus, they lived, as, either single animals in a home. Or, with a larger dog, that was completely house trained.

These Bobcats, like Moxieclean's, Bobcat, all had been toilet trained or used a bathtub filled with water.

egroegart wrote:...and spaying or neutering doesn't make it stop.

I would say, that, is a good generalization. But, not, an absolute fact. Given, some of the Bobcats and Lynx, I have met. All cats, are individuals.

egroegart wrote:Some do spray less than others though, but they all will spray.

I definitely agree, with, the first half of your statement. But, not, the second half. I would say, when, getting any exotic or hybrid cat, be prepared, for a lot of spraying. But, that, is NOT always the case. If, your lucky, and have a individual, that sprays, little or none, be grateful. I sure, would be :lol: .

egroegart wrote:I have although heard of a couple that didn't spray when they were adults, but I don't know if that was true or not.

Why, would you not believe it? If, it comes from a private owner. I can see, a breeder, telling you such thing, then, not "buying it". I guess, in general, I am not a "conspiracy theorist". Plus, I have seen, and or, had different, experiences, then you.

Also, how many Bobcats, have you had? I thought, just Aiylia (spelling error), that, AmbertheBobcat, now has. Plus, Benji. Am I wrong? Yes, I can be, ditsy.

egroegart wrote: Can't wait to see more of Moxie.

I second, that :mrgreen: !

amyers wrote:Mine didn't start spraying until very late. They were almost 2 when they finally started.

What age, did, your Bobcats, start to spray? Do they spray a great deal? How bad does it smell, if cleaned, on a daily basis, with, an enzymatic cleaner?

amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:19 pm

They were I think about 18 months before we noticed the room getting "bobcat-y". The serval started much earlier, but they were all neutered/spayed relatively late. They were about 7 months old. The spay/neuter DID greatly help the smell though. Their rooms don't reek of bobcat, and if I keep it cleaned with an enzyme cleaner, it's not bad at all. The little serval is much worse about her bathroom habits. She will pee and poo anywhere she pleases, but as long as we keep a litter in the box that the bobs like, they are very good about only going in their box, except for the occasional spray.

They don't spray a lot. I have never seen my male do it, but I assume he does. I have only seen my female spray once, and my serval twice. I do see the little streaks on the walls, though, so I know they are, but they just don't very often. Fortunately, we have never had any of the three of them spray a human. I wish I could say the same for the two outside UGH!
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Amberthebobcat

Postby Amberthebobcat » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Awww, beautiful girl. She looks like my girl Amber.
In the cougar's den with 4 domestic cats, 5 bobcats and 1 loving cougar :-)
codycatz

Postby codycatz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:09 am

Love that sweet face!
Chase
Banned
Banned

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:16 pm

Moxie is a stunning lady! Would you mind keeping us updated, if you'd like, with pictures of your girl?
Does she come from Big Cats Montana?

Return to “Small Exotic Cats”