PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

my new duck

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

my new duck

Postby pat » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:09 pm

I got a Muscovy female duck a few months ago. she is actually pretty. she is black. she don't have the weird beak like some do.
she is a very strange duck. she loves being in the house :roll: I let her in at night. She loves Lucy my beagle. she tries to lay on Lucy's cot,
but, Lucy barks at her. so the duck (Mable is her name) . Mable waits for Lucy to fall asleep, then sneaks up next to her :roll:

I have a large piece of cardboard with her food and water. she does stay on the cardboard (after Lucy kicks her off her cot. :lol:

when I get a chance, I will post a picture of her.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Re: my new duck

Postby Juska » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:28 am

I like ducks a lot. If I ever own a house with some property, I'd like to have a few.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the American shorthair
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Juska wrote:I like ducks a lot. If I ever own a house with some property, I'd like to have a few.

of course I like them to. I also have two peking ducks and a goose. (they live outside) I can't seem to get
Mable (my house duck to go outside :roll: )

I have a pond, which of course they love. I have a problem with a wild fox, I think killed one of my pekin ducks.
I put Donnie's litter around at the edge of the pond, so hopeful if I keep up dumping, it will keep the fox away.
as long as the ducks are in the pond, the fox won't bother them.

I have a fake alligator at the pond now. it use to move (but, it quit working) I want to find another one, and maybe a couple fake owls? :shrug:

I have pictures of Mable (my duck) sleeping with Lucy and even one of my cats :roll: will try and post later.

GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:49 pm

She sounds super cute! I had a couple chickens that had to come inside (when the weather was cold (for mom's and babies) or they were injured or sick) and I always liked it. Chickens and ducks make great pets.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:10 am

GitaBooks wrote:She sounds super cute! I had a couple chickens that had to come inside (when the weather was cold (for mom's and babies) or they were injured or sick) and I always liked it. Chickens and ducks make great pets.

where did you keep your chickens when they come in the house? I have chickens too, but also have an outdoor house for them filled with straw to keep them warm. I did have a rooster come in one time (through the doggie door) I found him napping in the cats litter box :roll:

I too have always liked chickens, ducks, geese. well I love all animals.

GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:26 pm

My momma hen would stay with her babies in the basement (she decided to go broody during the winter). Her disabled daughter also lived most of her life down there. I had a number of chicks, including a few disabled ones, that lived in my bedroom to get the care they needed. They really liked to try to eat the incubator and loved the little logs I gave them to perch on.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:44 pm

If you really want a house pet chicken or duck, they sell chicken and duck diapers now :D I was actually thinking about getting a small chicken for a pet before I decided to go for my dream of a fennec while I still could.

Return to “FOWL”