PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Just stupid!

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ruscithil

Just stupid!

Postby ruscithil » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:09 am

I am so angry at this neighbour of ours. He has never been gentle concerning his animals, but this is so stupid and unnecessary:
Last summer the fool thought he could buy some 20 baby geese and raise them - probably hoped to make money with them. Anyway, last week he called my father and asked him to buy his geese. Said his wife didn't want to pluck them anymore (of course, being a man, he himself is above such dirty work...). Anyway, my father cannot say no, particularely not to an idiot like him, so yes, of course he was willing to buy them.

Last night that guy came when it was dark and our animals were in their barn already. With his five remaining geese. The rest had died mysteriously, but they were perfect ducks (he calls them ducks), didn't fly away or anything.

Now this morning we noticed they had some kind of ring on their feet. Then we wondered why he put rings onto both feet, and finally we realized that they weren't rings at all. This idiot had tied their feet together with a piece of string!

On cutting them loose, we found out that they are hardly able to run. When they try to, even with their feet untied, they fall down helplessly and quit moving altogether. Moreover, one of them was tied up so tightly that it is almost a miracle that the foot didn't die.
And they seem to be unable to swim, my father just saved one from drowning.

At least, our geese are unusually friendly to the helpless newcomers, even though one of them appears to be blind and two of them are ganders. They guide them instead of demonstrating their dominance as they normally do especially at the arrival of new males.

I wonder how people get such absurd ideas. The worst thing is, this isn't even the first person I know of who did this.
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
snakeman

Postby snakeman » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:25 pm

that's awful. makes you want to do it to the idiots that do it to their animals.
BB

Postby BB » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:12 am

Ah, I shouldn't even reply - this makes me soo angry :twisted: :twisted:
I can't believe he even wanted money for them, shame on him!!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:12 pm

I don't understand the reason for tieing their feet :twisted:

did you ask this jerk what the reason was for tieing their feet and what the reason was for abusing them.
even though they butcher them, they should be treated more humanely...

This guy is a real jerk. He needs to be reported.
call the humane society and ask who to contact.

He should not be allowed to have animals.

however, I like snakemans idea, "tie the idiots feet together"
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
wayderz

Postby wayderz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:18 pm

pat wrote:I don't understand the reason for tieing their feet :twisted:

did you ask this jerk what the reason was for tieing their feet and what the reason was for abusing them.
even though they butcher them, they should be treated more humanely...

This guy is a real jerk. He needs to be reported.
call the humane society and ask who to contact.

He should not be allowed to have animals.

however, I like snakemans idea, "tie the idiots feet together"

Agreed.

You should sneak to his house at night and release all his animals...or steal them =]
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:22 pm

Sorry for replying so late.

Actually, apart from two poor pigs he butchered last week, these geese were his last animals, so at the moment, there isn't much we can do.
We haven't spoken with him since the night he brought them. But I guess he feared they would have run away from him.

Anyway, they are doing okay by now. No more hiding in the darkest place, no more falling down, no drowning anymore. Our old geese are still very protective and fond of them.

I really wonder where people get such ideas from. I know a man who owned guinea fowl. He tried to tie two of them together so he wouldn't need a fence...
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:15 am

that is sad the way this jerk treated his animals.
someone should tie is feet together :twisted:

the other morron that tied his guiena's feet is another loser :twisted:

I would have to tell these jerks that, what they are doing is cruel and inhumane. Is there somewhere that you can report them for animal abuse?

There is a woman that emails me about how her neighbor treats their animals. she called and reported it, the people did come to their house and made them correct any problems. but, the jerks never learn. but this woman will keep calling everytime they see any animals that could be in distress or unconfortable..

I wish everyone would report anything they see. unfortately, the law is not always on our side :cry:

WE need better laws for abuse...

I just get so upset when I see or hear of animal abuse.
actually, even child or woman abuse. these are sick people that hurt or kill someone that can't defend them selves.
I look at these people as STUPID, IGNORANT and usually can't fight another person in his/her own class.

sorry for rambling on, I just get upset when I hear of any type of abuse.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Zombie_Doll

Postby Zombie_Doll » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:44 pm

The rest probably died from the abuse, but I suppose everyone else already figured it out. Some people just don't understand that animals are living things :-x

I don't know if it is too late to report abuse or not. If you have any proof of abuse, I would try to see if I could get it reported.

Return to “FOWL”