PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

pheasant

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Trefoil

Re: pheasant

Postby Trefoil » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:56 pm

My male is depressed right now, the 2 hens are brooding and don't have time for him. I found the nest of one and the other I haven't, I'm worried about her, I've got predators. Maybe its because of the guineas and geese, but I don't really notice my male being loud or obnoxious. He very seldom calls. The guineas go at it about dusk, but he doesn't join them. If he calls at all it is just once.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:56 pm

My male is depressed right now,

ahh, poor guy icon-sad

I heard the males make loud screeching sounds?
my female don't make noises all day long, but when she does, it is not real loud,
but, really funny with the different sounds she makes.

I had guineas before, and those guys are loud. it use to stir my dogs.
if the male peacock don't make loud consistant noises, I might consider getting one.

what do you do with the baby peacocks? I'll bet they are cute.
I don't think I ever seen a baby one.

I always see peacocks at an auction near here, but, they are always adults.

I would love to see pictures of your peacocks.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I've never seen baby peacocks either. I just got mine, fell in love with them at Mt. Hope this spring. If I get babies I'll take pictures. My male hasn't been calling at all since his women "disappeared". I still haven't found the other one, I hope she's all right, she's my favorite, the one my rooster loves. Even when his women were around my male (he's only 2 years old) only called once or twice a day. He either hasn't gotten his full tail yet or he's not going to have a gorgeous one but he spends all his time strutting around looking pretty. Cat person, if you're reading this I wish you would chip in, we need someone that knows about peacocks, I don't what you are referring too about the opinions, but I usually only read posts about coons,newbies, and stuff like that.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:33 pm

I still haven't found the other one, I hope she's all right,
icon-sad
did you find her yet?

I went to a drive thru animal park on the 4th of july. there were a couple peacocks there.
I never seen a male with his all his feathers opened before. (not in person)
WOW, how beautiful.

I heard the noise the male makes. I didn't think it was too bad. some people say they have a loud high pitched noise. maybe I am just use to alot of different noises.

I posted a couple pictures of the male peacock I seen.
(click the picture for a larger view)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

The second hen showed up about a week later, I never did find her nest. My peacock got hit on the road a couple of weeks ago, he had gotten in the habit of roosting on my neighbors garage for the night and I hadn't been able to catch him to lock him up. My other hen is still still sitting, if the eggs are going to hatch they should, but both the cock and the hen were only 2 so they may not. I've got 4 eggs in the incubator I hope will hatch in a couple of weeks.

Return to “FOWL”