new babies

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

new babies

Postby dinnka » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

went to the feed store to get chicken food and ended up coming home with 3 one day old baby turkeys.. hubby just shook his head in disbelief when I made it clear these were not future food.. they are my pet turkeys..lol.. sorry i can eat just about everything and anything as far as meat goes.. UNLESS i have raised it and named it..lol.. I would never make it as a typical farmer..lol
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
Chellslil1s

Postby Chellslil1s » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Thats too funny. We do the exact same thing. We just got a mini highlander AND NAMED HIM. Most people think we are nutty! Which is ok too...
All my kids grew up and went to school so I got pets.
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm

clydes dad.. no hubby is not upset, he has come to accept that part of me..lol.. the funny thing is, I can go deer hunting and have no problem shooting a deer.. I can eat all kinds of meat and i love meat.. but I just can not bring myself to ever eat something that i have raised.. i told him that when we move to a place with more land and big barn that I want one of those HUGE butcher hogs.. for a pet..lol.. he thinks I am crazy, but he loves that part of me... :lol:
he knows that whatever comes here will stay here and not on the dinner plate..
i do not know how a turkey is for a pet.. never had one before.. we will see.. these little ones are already imprinting on me.. they will run up to me when i go to their aqarium i have them in.. so hopefully they will be nice and tame
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 am

turkeys are pretty cool. i have a hen that crouches down everytime i walk by it...in, er, the mating position :lol: you want to get attached to a baby, get a gosling. They are irrasistable
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:23 am

Lasergrl wrote: you want to get attached to a baby, get a gosling. They are irrasistable

How true! I have the same problem, but geese are the worst. No way to ever eat one that's imprinted on you :mrgreen:
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
renwaldo

Postby renwaldo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Thou shalt be named 'Thanksgiving,' 'Christmas' and 'Easter.'

My great uncle used to keep a couple of pigs named 'Pork-chop' and 'Easter.' Ironically it was Pork-chop we had for easter dinner, and not Easter. :lol:
RIP Martino, I'm sure Olivia misses you.

Return to “FOWL”