PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Can you keep a Duck as a house pet?

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Wolf67

Can you keep a Duck as a house pet?

Postby Wolf67 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 pm

Or are they better off to keep on a farm? I kind of want a Duck as a pet and I want to have it in my house waddling around everywhere lol. I can build a small pen for them in my backyard and I have a small pool for them to swim in. I'll have to make the small pen predator proof though since I see a Red Tailed Hawk flying around above my house every so often and Coyotes and Foxes may pick up my Duck's scent. Also I was advised if I ever decide to get a Duck to get a male Mallard Duck are they the best types of Ducks as pets?
Lasergrl

Re: Can you keep a Duck as a house pet?

Postby Lasergrl » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:36 pm

Yeah I wouldnt recommend it. They can make a mess of any water source. They need water in order to eat which means more mess. The poop is one of the worst smells. I won't even keep the newly hatched ones indoors anymore. The smell is just unreal. Outdoors they are still messy. Call ducks are pretty small and males are quieter. A female Muscovy is my favorite. Since they aren't a puddle type duck, they are a perching duck, much less mess. Females are friendlier an smaller.
BB

Postby BB » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Ducks make great pets, they follow you around (especially when hand-raised) and are very entertaining.
But in a house - no thanks! Messy, messy, messy. And stinky! :lol:
My favs are Indian runner ducks..
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Sure. They make duck and chicken diapers now because people do keep them as house pets.

Return to “FOWL”