NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

Ravens in the UK

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

Re: Ravens in the UK

Postby BB » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:17 am

I agree, a crow or raven is not just some animal you, as you put it, imprison. They are way too intelligent for that. I'm not quite sure of your living situation, but I know of people who always put food out for the birds, and crows would always come and wait for it. I guess you could interact with a wild one until you find your perfect match?
Krisreed

Postby Krisreed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Lady Beta wrote:I have always loved the idea of having a raven as a companion, that and a fox, a panther, shire horse, iguana, snake, fossa and a thylacine (unfortunately these cannot be found, the poor dears).

I live in England, and I was wondering if raven's are legal pets here, also I wanted to know what level of pet it would be? Difficult or average or easy to look after, and in comparison to your regular birdies.

I have a corvid and they are relentless
Krisreed

Postby Krisreed » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:15 pm

If you need videos of what it is like to be a guardian of a corvid then look no further, they are extremely hard work and also very messy, it's not like looking after a Parrot, it's the same as owning a child who has ADHD, think again, do your homework, then you can determine whether or not that YOU can take care of one
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:13 pm

As beautiful as they are, I don't think I'd have the energy and creativeness to care for an animal that smart. I like the types of animals that are happy to see you, but are still content to be alone. As much as I'd love to have one, I think it would just make me tired, lol. But maybe that's just because I'm not used to birds.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
mimiinvisible

Postby mimiinvisible » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:18 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:I'm on a corvid group with lots of UK owners. You can keep native corvids there. If you're interested in the group let me know. Maybe next time an orphan needs a home you can take it in.

In the US it is highly illegal to keep native birds. What you need to check there for non-native birds in UK is to see if they are DWA listed as needing permits.

I am desperately interested in finding a raven to own in the UK. Can you link me to the group you mention above? Many thanks, Mimi.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:55 pm

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/crows/info

It's not that busy lately though. FB has taken all the traffic from yahoogroups but people still answer when there is a post.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”