HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Considering a parrot...

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Onyx

Re: Considering a parrot...

Postby Onyx » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Yeah, I'm sure its possible. Just a lot more challenging. What ever happens, I'll make sure that it'll cooperate with my bird's needs.
Currently looking for a cage. I want a big one, and I hope to train them for free flight! And I'll certainly post photos once I get them and they have settled in.
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Ooh, freeflight has always fascinated me. If I ever got a parrot, I would train it to do freeflight too. Though I'd be SO nervous it would go wrong. Do you watch Bird Tricks on Youtube? They have such beautiful parrots that they fly.

Hope you can get a good deal on a cage. They can be so expensive.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 pm

Yes, I've seen a few of their videos! They have a toco toucan and a blue throat macaw and they are absolute stunners. I've also watched a bit of AdventuresWithRoku. They do some free flight as well and have a Major Mitchell's cockatoo named Pabu (my favorite cockatoo species).

Yeah, I'm nervous about it, but it starts indoors in a roomy area. Flying outdoors comes after they have learned to fly properly. There's risks that come with free flight but I believe the pros outweigh the cons. I've been doing research on free flight training so I'll know what I'm doing. I wouldn't want to screw that up.

Yeah, I've noticed they are very expensive! I'll probably be getting a used one. My mother has been helping me search for one and she said she found one of decent size for 60$.

Onyx

Postby Onyx » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:00 pm

I got the cage a few days ago!
Yesterday I picked out my bird too.

He's a 4 month old pineapple green cheek!

I just need to finish preparing his cage and my room for him and he'll be coming home!

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:18 pm

So pretty! When do you get him? Is he being shipped to you or is he local?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I actually brought him home yesterday, a few hours after I posted here! https://www.instagram.com/p/BrTjidnBvoo/
I actually wasn't expecting to bring him home so soon. Thought it'd be a lil while, but he was ready to go and his cage was set up. Only one toy for now, but I'll be getting more for him soon!
He's local, got him from the lady I originally saw. I was thinking about having one shipped, but considering that its been years since I've had a bird (and I was young when I did) I wanted to be able to see them face to face and interact with them to determine if I liked them, and I also already trusted this person and she was recommended to me before.

He's already settled in, and already likes interacting with me. Haven't determined the name yet, but I think I will soon. Thinking about "Kaida". It means "little dragon", which I think is cute!

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:23 pm

I do think that name is really cute!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:24 am

Congratulations. He's pretty.

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”