Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

My Aracari Pico

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

keepsmiling

My Aracari Pico

Postby keepsmiling » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:49 am

Hello, I stumbled on your forum this morning, and joined out of curiosity. I hope you do not mind. I do not keep foxes, but have always been intrigued by fennecs. I have been reading some of your threads, and had no idea some of the animals you keep were allowed. very interesting. I have a feathered, furry, and finned family, and thought I would introduce you to Pico, my male green aracari. As I noticed a few of you mentioned them. Pico is adorable, mischievous, and cuddly. He loves nothing more than to fly around, stealing things from my desk, and trying to climb into my shirt.My other family members are a red fronted macaw, 2 hawkheaded parrots, a black capped conure, a blue naped mousebird, a canary, a netherlands dwarf bunny, an akita/lab mix, and a 90 gallon aquarium with big fancy goldfish, some kuhli loaches, and my most exotic fish-two sewellia lineolata{hillstream loaches} I hope to get to know you all.
Juska

Re: My Aracari Pico

Postby Juska » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:11 am

Welcome to the forum! What a handsome boy your Pico is, can't wait to see more pictures of your furry/feathered/fishy family! I have three fish tanks, but your 90 gallon must be a stunning sight!

Also, you mentioned you have an Akita mix. How is he with your other pets?
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Hi, thanks once again for your reply. Pico is a really neat bird. Unlike parrots, they have a high prey drive. So for example I can roll up a sticky note into a ball, lob it over his head, and he will fly up and catch it in mid air. Then he takes it to the playstand and beats it sideways. He is very funny.
My dog's name is Heartly, as he has a big black heart on his side. He is the best dog I have ever had in my life. I think it is the akita side of him that makes him somewhat cat-like in some ways. He is extremely smart, and considers all animals in our home as part of our family. He is the one who found Kismet, my canary.
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 am

Okay, I had only seen Gryphon, but this bird is absolutely stunning!! How
old is he? How did Heartly find a canary?! You've got a beautiful brood on your hands! :)
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:14 am

Hi,thank you. Pico is three this year. Heartly was in the backyard barking and barking, and I thought he had one of our resident blacksnakes cornered. Turned out it was this frightened, overweight little canary. I think he had just been released that day and was exhausted. There were also hawks floating around the neighborhood, so he could have been frightened down out of the sky. I think Heartly could not figure out why this bird would not fly away like all the others. It was very cold, in the 40's. I placed an ad that I had found him, and got a response from an older woman that said she turned him loose because she could not take care of him anymore, and he could fly.... I just thanked her ... :roll:
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed May 15, 2013 7:24 pm

Your bird is very beautiful :) I love Pico's personality! Heartly's mark is so cool too. Pics?_?
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
prk22

Postby prk22 » Wed May 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Yes. Pico is something else! I am not much of a 'bird person'...but I am trying to widen my perspective in the year to come. I got my mind on a few different birds...but of course I pick the ones that are hard to find...or would require a lot of red tape cutting!

...and if I may...if you belong to other bird forums, encourage them to join here...I would appreciate learning more about experiences and species and their networks!
~Pätrick
ChristineBabarovich

Postby ChristineBabarovich » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 pm

If you haven't already joined, there is a FB group called: Toucans, Toucanets, and Aracaris. Since Pico is an aracaris(small toucan), you can get good info from other aracaris owners. I own two aracaris: A pair of curl crested aracaris. (aka: Curls). All of them have that unique inquisitive nature that makes them such likable companion birds!

Christine

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”