Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Macaw Lifespans...

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Macaw Lifespans...

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:36 am

I know this sounds weird, but I'm kind of hoping it isn't the easiest to handle. I really want to try my luck at bird training. Granted, it would be best if it was a great, well-behaved bird, but it would also be very fun (well, maybe not all the time) and rewarding to tame something down and gain its trust.

You can actually teach them not to scream, because they scream for attention. It's really cool because bird trainers train them to wave or to say something to let people know they want attention. Then they learn they don't have to scream all the time. Of course, they'll always scream for this or that, but it's a real neat way to curb their behavior. I''m learning so much from birdtricks.com and their products.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:14 am

Ash wrote:You can actually teach them not to scream, because they scream for attention. It's really cool because bird trainers train them to wave or to say something to let people know they want attention. Then they learn they don't have to scream all the time.

Someone needs to tell my boss this.. and teach her how to train her birds. I hate going in her house because her two cockatoos are SOOOO loud. But then again, it's rewarding to go visit because that's where she keeps the smallest baby animals (and "my" fox!) Oh I'm so torn. :lol:

Seriously, though, I didn't know you could train them not to scream.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:50 pm

I've learned tons from birdtricks.com and their products. It makes me really want to get my hands on a bird and see what I can do. They're training is all permission-based training, and it works wonders supposedly.

You can also potty-train them so they defecate on command so they can go over a trashcan or litterbox instead of on the floor. And also train them to potty in one part of their cage. There's so much you can train and teach them that most people don't even know about or would not have the patience to teach. It's just amazing how smart they are. But then again, researchers believe that some of the big parrots have the cognitive abilities of 5-year-olds, so it shouldn't be such a surprise.

I thought I could have a really nice chainlink enclosure for one, but then I found out that when something is galvanized it is highly toxic to a bird. I've had to look at other options, and they are NOT cheap. I'm also concerned that if I were to get one, especially since I'm moving into a brand new house, it could destroy the dry wall if I wasn't supervising it and it got bored. They really can destroy your house if they're bored.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”