Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Need Advice: Rescued Finch baby

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

EmilyGrace

Need Advice: Rescued Finch baby

Postby EmilyGrace » Thu May 23, 2013 7:26 pm

If I'm doing the wrong thing, please let me know. But don't be unkind, I'm trying to do the right thing by this little baby.
At my workplace there's a lot of birds which nest in the rafters, we've tried to discourage them but they always find a way in somehow and make their nests. A baby bird fell bird fell from a nest today. This is the second time this season that babies have fallen from the nest, and the first set were placed in a box outside on a high self (at the advice of the audobon society) hoping that the parents would continue to feed them. The babies (3 of them) all died. This newest baby is older (he has flight feathers just starting to come in, and can stand awkwardly) and was more vigorous so when I saw him I offered to take him to the audobon society for rehabilitation. I did this because I didn't want the nestling to die, since the other strategy hadn't worked.
So the baby is under my care until tomorrow afternoon when I can take him in to the audobon society. They would'nt come get him and that's the earliest I can manage. So I have him in a snug little box with a shredded paper towel nest in my home. I've covered it with a towel to keep him from getting streesed. Here's the problem: I know birds feed their babies amost constantly, and I know he's hungry (he didn't eat the 3/+ hours that I was at work, and I'm hearing him hunger-chirp now). But he won't eat. I smushed up some worms and offered little bits to him with tweezers, but he wouldn't take it. And we're out of bird seed too. What am I doing wrong, and are there any alternative foods? Please help me, I know he probably won't survive anyway, but I want to help him if I can.
Splashstorm

Re: Need Advice: Rescued Finch baby

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't think finches eat meat, so that's probably why it's not taking the worm. :/
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”