Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Calico Macaw Homemade Diet

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

GrayWolf

Calico Macaw Homemade Diet

Postby GrayWolf » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 pm

I have a male Calico Macaw and I've created a dry homemade diet for many years for him. I've found he does much better on it than any store bought food. I've been told seed mixes aren't health, but birds don't eat pellets int he wild, do they? lol I made 25 pounds of food at a time, which lasts a good while. Here is the recipe. It's very easy.

1. 1 cup Whole Corn
2. 1 cup Peanuts
3. 1 cup Soybeans
4. 1 cup Wheat Berries
5. 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
6. 1 cup Dehydrated Peas
7. 1 cup Dehydrated Carrots
8. 1 cup Raisins
9. 1 cup Oats
10. 1 cup Shelled Walnuts
11. 1 cup Dehydrated Pineapple
12. 1 cup Dehydrated Apple
13. 1 cup Almonds
14. 1 cup Dehydrated Chili Peppers
15. 1 cup Pumpkin Seeds
16. 1 cup Alfalfa Pellets
17. 1 cup Dehydrated Papaya
18. 1 cup Dehydrated Pineapple
19. 1 cup Dehydrated Coconut Chunks
20. 1 cup Dehydrated Sweet Potato
21. 1 cup Algae Wafers
22. 1 cup White Rice
23. 1 cup Sesame Seeds
24. 1 cup Dehydrated Oranges
25. 1 cup Safflower Seeds
26. 1 cup Filbert Nuts
27. 1 cup Buckwheat
28. 1 cup Pistachios
29. 1 cup Canadian Field Peas
30. 1 cup Flax Seeds
31. 1 cup Pine Nuts
32. 1 cup Dehydrated Red Peppers
33. 1 cup Pinto Beans
34. 1 cup White Northern Beans
35. 1 cup Dehydrated Beets
36. 1 cup White Millet
37. 1 cup Yogurt Drops
38. 1 cup Navy Beans
39. 1 cup Brown Rice
40. 1 cup Barley
41. 1 cup Yellow Peas
42. 1 cup Small Red Beans
43. 1 cup Lentils
44. 1 cup Macaroni
45. 1 cup Rotini
46. 1 cup Dehydrated Tomatoes
47. 1 cup Dehydrated Spinach
48. 1 cup Dehydrated Apricots
49. 1 cup Dehydrated Strawberries
50. 1 cup Dehydrated Mango

This is meant to be fed dry and not cooked. I don't add any vitamins or supplements. He's been eating this diet for 6-years and the veterinarian said his blood work is excellent. Here is a breakdown of the basic nutrients that Calico Macaws require:

14 ~ 16% Protein
12% ~ 14% Fat
18% Fiber
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Calico Macaw Homemade Diet

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah, seeds aren't good for them. It's like giving them nothing but treats, and it makes them moody.

Check out birdtricks.com for some ideas too. They're AMAZING. They know so much about birds, and they also have a recommended diet.

I'd love to see your calico macaw, if you have time to post pictures. :) I was really into the big parrots for a while, but they live too long. I don't want to keep anything that'll outlive me.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
autumn blitz

Postby autumn blitz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:07 pm

are you sure that you haven't left anything out ????? do you own a store by any chance ?????

having read that list i'm glad that my kids just eat meat :) really easy - i go the butchers and get the stuff and put it in bowl ;) job done :)

not knocking your obvious love for your furry friend :) just find the list a bit much to take in that's all :) and yet there's nothing really "special" about it when you consider that they would eat nuts, berries and fruit naturally - guess it's just the amount of different stuff that you put into it.

bird seed is the stuff that i put on my bird table and i wouldn't have thought that any exotic would survive properly on it given their natural food stuffs.

donna

might be wrong --- and in no way is this post meant to be patronising,
no point blaming the dog cos you tukd up ;)
autumn blitz

Postby autumn blitz » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:09 pm

Ash wrote:I was really into the big parrots for a while, but they live too long. I don't want to keep anything that'll outlive me.

i'm wondering if i'm still gunna be around when my kids get into their later years too ;)

donna
no point blaming the dog cos you tukd up ;)

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”