PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I helped a fledgling today.

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

I helped a fledgling today.

Postby Juska » Sat May 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Helped this fledgling get back outside and on his way today after he and his brother found a way into the garage! His brother flew out on his own but this one was having trouble finding an exit.

He took off right after I shot this video; flew right over into the neighbor's yard where his brother went, so he should be fine.

Pretty sure he was a European Starling.

https://youtu.be/MF47iXB0g7c
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ana

Re: I helped a fledgling today.

Postby Ana » Sat May 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Yay! Yes! Tiny little victories. :D
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun May 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Aaw. Always great to lend a helping hand! The songbirds need just as much love as the raptors.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 am

I always feel so bad for birds getting stuck in a shed/garage/barn/ect. That's awesome you helped it out. We've got starlings in all our out-buildings most likely, and whenever I enter them you can hear flapping and scratching and sometimes them hitting into a window. We even helped a wren that got stuck inside our house. We caught it and opened a window and it just sat on our hand for a few seconds, seemingly uncertain what to think, before flying to freedom.
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed May 25, 2016 9:20 am

We did find a crack in the ceiling panel where they must have "fallen" out of...we're thinking they had been in a nest up in the rafters. There are a lot of birds that wiggle their way up there and as a result there are a lot of baby birds around that garage. Dad fixed the panel so there should be no more starlings "dropping by" the garage any time soon, haha.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”