PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Owl Story

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Hamiltrash12345

Owl Story

Postby Hamiltrash12345 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 am

Okay so last night I was going to sleep kind of late because family drove up to New Hampshire all the way from Oklahoma and I woke up at about 2:00 in the morning and heard a tapping on the glass. Of course I thought it was a June bug on the glass so I ignored it and went back to sleep. Only to hear a loud "hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!" So I fell out of bed and scrambled for a flashlight, went over to the window only to find this Barred Owl sitting right on the window. I kind of flipped out because it was two AM and I was not ready for this and my dog started growling at it and she has been staring at the spot where it was for three whole hours so I know it wasn't a trippy dream. But I have been up for three freaking hours before school starts all because of this owl that hooted at me every time I tried to fall asleep and I've only gotten three hours of sleep. Has this happened to anyone else with owls or just birds in general?

Elsa ❤️
Lara

Re: Owl Story

Postby Lara » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:23 pm

Wow, that would definitely be surprising xD.

When I go a day without filling my feeder, all the house finches, house sparrows, and pyrrhuloxias line up on my window sill and peck at the glass to try to get me to fill it. It's really funny, cause I'll only see them there when my feeder isn't filled.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Owl Story

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm

Maybe it saw it's reflection in the glass. They are territorial and will chase away intruders and attack with their talons, which could have caused the clicking.

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”