Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

A pet Penguin!

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Wolf67

A pet Penguin!

Postby Wolf67 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 pm

How many of you here would like a pet Penguin? Even though I'm sure there literally illegal almost everywhere to own because I think they're endangered? I think a Penguin would be an amazing pet.
BB

Re: A pet Penguin!

Postby BB » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:43 am

I'm pretty sure I've seen a pet penguin on youtube - I think it was in Japan.
All I associate with penguins is incredible stench....... :|
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Heehee... I've actually looked into this--more for the sake of curiosity. There is a petstore in Japan that sells penguins for $1,000,000. :roll: Yikes. I'm sure you could get one much cheaper than that, even if you hired someone to get you a wild caught one!

Penguins are legal in the US almost anywhere. Since they're birds there is almost never any legislation for them. In Utah it actually says they're legal to own.

There are some penguins that are endangered, so you would not be able to own those. However, there are quite a few species that are not, and those would be the types you could get. I don't remember off the top of my head which ones are okay, but I had a list in my head of the legal ones when I was curious. I know that King penguins (I think that's what they're called) are legal to have, whereas Emperor penguins are not.

If I got a penguin I would like one that looks more like a "standard" penguin. :)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Actually there are treaties involved that make taking them from the wild illegal. I seem to remember Steve Irwin even got in trouble for "harassing" the wild penguins for playing with them.
http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/inf ... vation.htm

Japan hasn't signed those treaties so they may catch some, like they still go whaling. The place in Japan gets them from a broker who gets things from zoos as well as imports, so it's hard to say the exact source. It would likely still be illegal to get one from Japan unless you could prove the original source was not wild.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Chasing-tail has a penguin. I just found that out looking at her site. :) Wonder where and how she got it?

In addition I was surprised to see she has cheetahs, Amur leopards, and clouded leopards.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Oh yeah at the bottom says currently nesting, so would assume more than one. Probably got them from a zoo. She has contacts with several zoos.

She has conservation grants and all the licenses and such. She could be AZA but choose not to get it due to disagreeing with some of their policies.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:28 am

I think that's really cool how many animals she takes care of. I didn't realize she had so many different types of animals. I thought she primarily worked with primates and South American animals, but she has species of all kinds.

I saw the "nesting" thing too, so that excited me.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:47 am

Ash wrote:Penguins are legal in the US almost anywhere. Since they're birds there is almost never any legislation for them. In Utah it actually says they're legal to own.

"monkshock: "monkshock: I had NO idea!!! My sister's dream is to get a penguin! This is great news!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”