Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

How to promote parrot breeding

Small to Medium size Birds. Hawks, Owls, Chicken, Ducks, Finches, Parrots Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

nicoeflein

How to promote parrot breeding

Postby nicoeflein » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Hello,
I have a gorgeous pair of Blue-fronted Amazon parrots, and I am trying to help them mate and produce a clutch. They are extremely spoiled and live in a small greenhouse with natural branches and a large wooden nest box. I feed them a healthy diet and they are in perfect health and feather. The male, Bubba, is extremely protective and would fight me to the death to protect his mate, Harley the female. I got them this Spring so maybe they were stressed from the move and next year they will procreate!
They are 10 and 12 years old and DNA sexed, and they have produced eggs in the past.
If anyone has any advice or comments I would love to hear them!
Thanks for reading, I will try to attach pictures of them.
Nicophorus

Re: How to promote parrot breeding

Postby Nicophorus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 am

Well it sounds like you have them set up well for that. One of the things that got my parrots to breed well (when I use to do that) was to give them a good variety of fruit/vegis every day in addition to their standard ration.

I do want to say also though. I have a pair blue fronted Amazons that were given to me as a rescue type deal. I think, especialy for some parrots includeing Amazons, there is a glut of them with far too many needing homes. The birds I bred I kept for myself.

I just wanted to warn you, that you may be "stuck" with the babies (which can be a good thing if that is what you want).
nicoeflein

Re: How to promote parrot breeding

Postby nicoeflein » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for responding,
They get fruit, of some kind, every day, but maybe a few more veggies or exotic nuts would make them think they are 'in the wild.'
The clutch size is 2-3 eggs, with 5 being an extreme, so the babies will most likely stay here.
I am not a breeder, just have a little flock of rescued birds and these birds seem to on the verge of successfully breeding!

Return to “BIRDS- Domestic, Raptors, all birds”