PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Toys for cows

Hoofed animals not listed in this forum

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Tervicz

Toys for cows

Postby Tervicz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:54 am

Do any of you know whether cows would enjoy toys? I'm thinking of things that could be used inside a stable during the long winter months. Something which could hang from the ceiling? Or would that just freak them out? What are your thoughts about this?
Lasergrl

Re: Toys for cows

Postby Lasergrl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:57 am

Hi,

I have calves, heifers, bulls. They will never play with toys, or anything in thier environment really. I love them, but when it comes to stuff like that, they just dont really. They might play with something that makes them work at getting food. They also really like a wallow. I have a hole dug for them filled with water they love standing in. They also love a good brushing/petting. I never make any of my animals stay in a stall at all even in winter. They have a run in shed and they can come and go as they please. Even horses shouldnt be stalled if possible. I dont think that cows get bored easily but its not good for their respiratory tract to be in a stall for very long.
Tervicz

Postby Tervicz » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Well it is actually a cow shed. This is a dairy farm I'm talking of. They have an electric brush and I do have hand brushes. But my time there is limited to a few weeks each year.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:41 pm

Ahh yes those are cases where its not too avoidable, though a good dairy will pasture the girls between milking. The milking and feeding schedule is usually enough to keep them happy. Cows are not very picky and they do love a routine. The brushing is about all you can do. unfortunately they wont play with objects like horses, but they seem happy to just go about their day as is.

Return to “OTHER Hoofed ANIMALS”