Anyone have an animal friendly workplace?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Do you have an animal friendly workplace?

Yes!
29%
No, I wish.
43%
I work from home, so of course!
29%
Retired and enjoying my animals at home.
No votes

Total votes: 7
Kagney

Anyone have an animal friendly workplace?

Postby Kagney » Wed May 10, 2017 9:49 am

Anyone else lucky enough to have an animal friendly work environment?
I've worked as a photographer/graphic designer for a locally owned collegiate retail company for several years and its a very pro-critter establishment.
I bring my pup Tess to work with me most days. The company owner also brings his little rescue bichon in several times a week. One top of that, we have office and warehouse cats. They've been feeding and spay/neutering ferals for years and a few have stuck around. Murray is the resident office cat. He has to stop in to each office everyday (he takes his moral officer position very seriously :mrgreen: ) but his favorite spot is the packing bins in the shipping department. There are two more warehouse kitties (Butters and McFluffy) that are too shy to come in the office, but they're sweet boys just the same.
The big grey boy is Cabbage. He kind of started it all. He showed up as a dirty, scarred-up tom with heartworms. With a slow kill treatment they actually managed to rid him of the heartworms, but we lost him to a terrible accident a few years ago. He was the coolest cat, EVERYBODY who ever met him LOVED him. His is still missed, and has his own plaque on the employee-of-the-year wall in the lobby.
Attachments
murray.jpg
morning staff meeting
murray2.jpg
shipping supervisor
studio dog.jpg
Tess, studio dog
cabbage.jpg
RIP Cab, we all miss you.
DeweysMom

Re: Anyone have an animal friendly workplace?

Postby DeweysMom » Wed May 10, 2017 11:43 am

LOL I work in a small graphics design studio that is animal-friendly, too, Kagney. Before the owner got her two Great Pyrenees, I was able to bring my dogs to work with me. But the one Pyr doesn't play well with others, so my kids have to stay home. In addition, we also have a golden retriever, and too many cats to count. I'd post pics here of some, but I always have a devil of a time doing so...
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey
Juska

Re: Anyone have an animal friendly workplace?

Postby Juska » Wed May 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Apparently they proposed a "bring your pet to work day" years ago here (office setting at an insurance company), but too many people objected due to allergies.

When I work from home, the kitty cat usually "helps" me work by crawling all over me, and generally being mischievous :lol:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “POLLS”