PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

what are your favorite exotic cats?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Tiger
23%
Lion
5%
Cheetah
27%
Cougar
14%
Bobcat
5%
Lynx
5%
Serval
9%
Ocelot
9%
Liger
5%

Total votes: 22
cj_0512

Postby cj_0512 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:12 pm

Let us know your favorite exotic cat!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: what are your favorite exotic cats?

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Hey, what about sand cats? lol

I put down serval, mostly because that's one of the exotic cats I'm most interested in. Small, beautiful, graceful, and a good investment if you're interested in breeding. Since they are one of the more "easier" exotic cats kept in captivity, they're one of the best options for first-time exotic cat owners. They are capable of being affectionate, can be reserved, moody, hissy. They're a good cat to get experience with.

A tiger would be really neat, but not practical for me at all. I don't think I would ever think about getting one, though it's cool that some people keep them. I like the tabby tigers. They're pretty, but maybe that's just because they're so rare.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Yeah so many missing mine is the oncilla. Their faces are so cute.

Some more colocolo, kodkod, geoffrey's, pampas, andean, margay, jagurundi, jaguar

Those are all South American cats.
cj_0512

Postby cj_0512 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:22 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Yeah so many missing mine is the oncilla. Their faces are so cute.

Some more colocolo, kodkod, geoffrey's, pampas, andean, margay, jagurundi, jaguar

Those are all South American cats.

Haha I know, there are many other cats that I would have liked to include in this poll but since we are only allowed ten options I chose the animals that most people would know :)
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Voted cheetah and ocelot - but my favourite cat is the jaguar. Love asian golden cats too.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Ooh, I also really like the pallas cats. They're so cute! But they're so rare in captivity since I've heard their mating can be violent, and can result in death. But they look like real-life cheshire cats.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:10 pm

So happy my favorite cat was on here :3 Go ligers!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Lions are my favorite. Leopards are my second favorite but that wasn't a voting option.

The way people have been observing and studying lion social habits in the past couple of years have vastly changed.

Has anyone seen that clip of an old female with a badly healed broken jaw, and a younger female actually turned, moved and held a recently killed prey animal for her so she could eat? It's remarkable. There is no mistake of what that lioness was doing. She was holding the kill in a position so the older female could still eat.

The people observing wondered at first how that female had lived so long with such a bad injury. She'd be dead from starvation if they didn't care for her like that, her jaw was so off center and healed so poorly that she wasn't able to eat on her own.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:52 pm

That's really interesting, Juska. Do you have a link to the video? I'd love to see that.

You always hear about the male lions in the pride, lionesses with their cubs, but you hardly ever hear about the relationships between the lionesses, I feel, unless it's about hunting. I'd like to know more about how all the girls in a pride act around each other when not chasing prey and being moms.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm

I tried to find a video, but I was unsuccessful. I believe I saw it on NatGeoWild but I don't remember.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:37 am

That's amazing. I once saw (on TV, years ago) a lioness who'd had her jaw kicked off by a giraffe during the hunt, and the narrator said she was doomed to starve to death.
But, you never know.

So much for "only humans have morality/empathy".
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.

Return to “POLLS”