PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Ghosts

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ghosts real or not

Poll ended at Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

fake
20%
real
60%
not sure
20%
who cares
No votes
are you ok ???
No votes

Total votes: 10
illida

Re: Ghosts

Postby illida » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:45 pm

I voted yes I've had many paranormal experiences in my life the day after my angel appy boy died i looked next to me in my bed and there was a pale transparent cat sleeping there, it was my appy boy I've also heard voices of dead family members my grandfather telling me not to be sad. so I voted yes and one time something pushed me into a doorway then it tired to push me down the stairs later that day. my family ridicules and mocks me for it... I think i might just be sensitive to that sort of thing you can hear an opera inger in the background of my sining in this video of mine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ML_q-cgCeQ you have o turn the volume up to hear anything) plus not to mention the person who breathed down my neck at Gettysburg and the pictures my sister took there
I currently own three kitties Corwin(8 months), Brophy(8 months), and Talouse (10 years) :)
TheDarkManiac

Postby TheDarkManiac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 pm

I have seen ghosts, but maybe I was hallucinating.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah everyone in my family has seen ghosts before.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:32 pm

I believe in them. I haven't seen anything really though. There was a time when some friends of mine were playing with an ouija (can't spell) board and the room was really cold (not like incredibly abnormally, but VERY weird cold spots) at times. I always thought that was spooky. When I was in elementary school, two friends of mine "played" Bloody Mary (yanno, the thing in front of the mirror) and we all wore cross necklaces for some form of protection. The one I was wearing was made for me by another friend out of clay. It broke in front of the mirror, the long bottom part of it snapped off. I used to hear what sounded like footsteps, opening and shutting of cabinets, and coughing upstairs when I was downstairs. It was very faint. My father bought this land and built this house on it, so no one else has lived in it. Other than that, nothing.

There is a house in Villisca (dunno if that's spelled right), Iowa that a family was murdered in (brutally, with an axe) and the house is said to be quite haunted now. People pay to go in it. I've read stories from people who went and they have talked about really serious things like feeling children touching them, playing with their hair, the smell of rotting meat/flesh, hearing a train that was there when the murder happened but no longer is there, and not being able to go up or down the stairs when the murder happened. The site has creeeeepy videos and recordings of things in the house. Whether or not it's actually as haunted as the comments say, who knows, but the recordings and such seem real.

There is a house about a mile away from me where some used-to-be friends of my mom's live. The family reported a lot of creepy things. The family's daughter talked about vacuuming and hearing a voice saying, angrily, "Turn it off". They said they saw a face on the ceiling in their bedroom. They took a picture of something they were putting on ebay and in the picture, there was a creepy face with red eyes and such. This was probably over 10 years ago. My mother has the picture somewhere...I don't want to see it again. They also said they saw a spirit-man-thing walking through their neighbor, Larry's, horse pasture. I have been at Larry's late at night and never have seen or experienced anything creepy or weird.

Just interesting stuff.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Actually there are 2 basic types of ghosts. Echos, this is like in hunted houses. The energy was so strong from events that it stays there. you see, smell, feel reruns of events but if you see a ghost it wont respond or interact because it's not a spirit.

Then there are visiting spirits. These "ghosts" are usually loved ones come to check on you and let you know they are okay.

In junior high I looked up at my bedroom door and there was a lady standing in the door way in a nightgown. Looked like my mom but younger and thinner. At first I did think it was my mom but was a little freaked why she was standing there staring at me. Then I realized it wasn't her and got more freaked. I looked away and commanded her to go away in the name of god like my dad had told me should work. The light that looked like it had been shining through the door onto her and the wall behind her was gone too. When I finally told my parents they said it sounded like my aunt. She was my mom's older sister but had died young from breast cancer.

Another time in another house I looked up at the stair landing as we were going by and saw my deceased dog. She looked young and healthy again. It really looked like she was there solid but there was light around her too. I knew soon as I looked away she'd be gone so I stared at her for the longest time before I finally had enough and glanced away and then back and yep she was gone.

On the echo front I've been a few places that inexplicably fill me with dread and the need to get out of there ASAP. One was a lovely forested property my dad was considering buying when I was a kid. My father occasionally sees a young girl walking around here but I've never seen her.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:56 pm

I didn't know that there were different types of ghosts. Fascinating. Some comments about the Villisca house mentioned dread and overwhelming sadness I think. Did your dad not buy the forested property? Did he feel the dread also? It sounds like you are more sensitive and are able to see those sorts of things when some others can't.
amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:23 pm

We were about to buy some property at one point, and I felt something really strange. It turned out a guy had shot his wife and then hung himself. Our current home has a ghost (he's not unfriendly, so I won't say "haunted"), and there is one that shows up from time to time at the feline center. I'm really good at sensing them, but I usually can't see or hear them. My husband sees them occasionally, and used to hear them semi-regularly, but he has learned to block them out.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:48 am

He didn't buy it. He felt it but it took him longer. I didn't say anything. Wasn't sure what to say at the time. But it got stronger as we got deeper into the property then he mentioned it and asked if anyone else felt it. We all said yes so left. Actually I ran the last bit back to the car.
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 am

I would not be comfortable living on a property if I knew someone had died violently there...yikes. Anything paranormal would freak me out (I'm easily frightened by that sort of thing) like crazy, negative or unfriendly or whatever. Sometimes it seems like there are things around me but I wonder if it's just me being paranoid or imagining things. I've never been sure.

TG - I'm guessing, since you didn't mention it, that you never found out why that property gave off the bad feelings? I'm curious to know what it was. That is really scary.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:26 am

Yeah I don't know. There was an old cargo van thing abandoned in the middle of the property where it felt strongest but we never went up to it. One would assume a person wouldn't leave a van full of bodies on a property they were trying to sell though so there was likely nothing to be seen in it anyway but something could have happened there.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:41 pm

I believe in ghosts. I've never seen any myself fortunately,but when my sister went to Abraham Lincoln's old house, she had felt a really overwhelming sad and negative feeling in her chest when she went into one of the rooms. Later, the tour guide caught up with her and told her that that run was the room where they put Lincoln in when he was dying from being shot after the assination attempt.

My mom used to watch alot of ghost story type shows. I personally believe there are several kinds of ghosts/ spirits.

There's loved ones that come to visit you. My dog and my grandpa came to visit me in a dream and tell me goodbye after they died.

There's friendly ghosts that stick around to protect you from evil ghosts and/or just because they like earth and don't want to leave.

There's ghosts with unfinished business which usually consists of ghosts that have been murdered or had some kind of traumatic death and can't leave because they are stuck in that moment until someone can help them find peace and cross over to the other side.

And lastly, the worst kind of ghosts,there are poltergiests which I believe are like ghosts of serial killers, rapists, and other evil people that became demons and possess people's houses as well as non-human demons which might also be some poltergiests.

There's also residiual energy that isn't actually a spirit as it can be negative feelings left behind by a dead or living person. If something bad happened in a place, even if the people in the event(both the victim and the suspect) are still living, you can sitll get a very bad feeling from going into that place.

And there's guardian angels as well,but I wouldn't consider them ghosts,but maybe they could technically be considered spirits since they live in the spiritual realm just like the "ghosts"/ spirits of loved ones who may also serve as guardian angels.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:20 am

Because of my religion, I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in demons pretending to be the deceased.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:29 pm

How so? I mean if the spirit lives on in heaven why could they not come visit you or an angel bring them?
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't believe you go to hell or heaven straight after you die. I believe that when you die, you are just that: gone. When Jesus comes back a 2nd time, He will rise up all the saints for the resurrection. Why would Revelation speak of a resurrection if all the saints were already in heaven?
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Not heard that interpretation before. So unless you are a saint you have no after life?

Return to “POLLS”