PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Religion?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

What religion are you?

Christian
27%
Catholic
7%
Jewish
No votes
Buddhist
2%
Atheist
18%
Agnostic
18%
Pastafarianism
4%
Scientology
No votes
Multiple
7%
Other
18%

Total votes: 45
FoxAdorer817

Religion?

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:27 am

Hey everyone; I know this is pretty random, hah, but I know I've been curious about this in the past, but for some people I guess it'd be rude to ask them directly perhaps? So, I wanted to make a poll of it, so anyone's response can either be anonymous, or it'd be cool if you could share... So yeah, just wondering - and sorry if I leave out something (Although I'll probably be adding ones that no one on here is, but hopefully that's not a problem. haha.) (And sorry if I have a name in there incorrectly (like, I'm not sure if it's Jewish, or Jusaism...) ...and sorry about the random, possibly bs religions - I doubt anyone's Really a pastafarian ;D :lol: But you might be! ...So, sorry if I offended you. O.o Uhg, I feel like I'm going to offend a few people from this. :( I'll just leave it at I'm not judgmental about anyone's religion, and I apologize if I did anything wrong to offend your religion. But I still wanna know. :D Which sounds dumb, so I should have just stopped typing there. O.o )

And I'm mad it won't let me have an option that you can click as many as you want... because I have multiple religions; I'd be clicking three on there... But I'm deciding whether to put a 'multiple' option on there, but it would delete one I put in...
Okay, I got rid of Islamic for it - I hope no one is Islamic; if you are, sorry about that. ;) (And once again, I have no problem with Islamic; I was just saying so because I deleted it...) (Apparently I still had too many options - so I got rid of Wicken too. A few of my friends are Wicken, but hopefully that won't affect anyone. Haha..) (And then I forgot 'other', so I had to get rid of Pagan too. :/ )

I'm sorry if my post is kind of rambly and jumbly... I haven't posted in a couple days, but I just wanted to throw this in here, so, sorry if it messes up anyone or something.... that hardly makes sense. I would say it's because I'm tired, but I think it's actually because I joke woke up. (I know it's 11:20pm - I took a nap from 6:30. Lol...)
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
Lasergrl

Re: Religion?

Postby Lasergrl » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:36 am

if you have more then one religion you are probably agnostic. thats what i am, I dont know the answers
kaylalk

Postby kaylalk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:17 am

I am atheist. Simply because there is proof of evolution. My points could be argued for sure, but this is where I stand for now. I have my own beliefs and I don't believe in basing my entire life around a book or a set of rules of how I should be like a lot of religions seem to have.

EDIT: That being said I don't hate people who are religious or have anything against them. I respect the fact that they have their beliefs and opinions. :)
Juska

Postby Juska » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Wiccan here. I don't do big sabbat celebrations or cakes and ale, but I do practice spells from time to time, and I believe that the pagan way of "worship", which is simply appreciating nature, the seasons and life in general is better than applying it to a figure and/or wasting your life wishing for things to get better. Not that I have anything against other religions, it's just that with Wicca, you do a spell to help you psych yourself up for something, then you go out and do it, not just praying for something to happen.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
amyers

Postby amyers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Aww you should have left the pagan :icon-wink:

I chose multiple. As my husband says, there aren't a lot of Christian-Druid-Scientists running around. My beliefs are primarilly Christian (more Christo-Pagan I guess), and the Druidry focuses on a reverence for nature, and getting in tune with the cycles of nature.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
tombraiderwes
Banned
Banned

Postby tombraiderwes » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:32 am

I am kind of my own, but primarily Christian. I chose Christian, but I believe in evolution and creationism. I found I am one of the few people that think there is a Creator whose days could have been millions of years for us, and that's why we have evolution. If he chose evolution as his method of creation, it seems way better than just waving your hand and boom, there is Earth. Plus there are some gaps in the evolutionary theory, not to mention the Mitochondrial Eve they found, which is one of the earliest human-type forms and has no links to any other fossil record. Plus they was recently an article in the Scientific American which stated the gaps in the Big Bang theory.
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:48 pm

Pagan here. I used to be into Wicca but since coming to uni, I'm not sure if I can believe in a religion. So, basically, I'm sticking to doing practical stuff, like the occasional spell, reading tarot, working with herbs and stones, and so far putting off making my final decision about religion.
amyers

Postby amyers » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 am

tombraiderwes wrote:I am kind of my own, but primarily Christian. I chose Christian, but I believe in evolution and creationism. I found I am one of the few people that think there is a Creator whose days could have been millions of years for us, and that's why we have evolution. If he chose evolution as his method of creation, it seems way better than just waving your hand and boom, there is Earth. Plus there are some gaps in the evolutionary theory, not to mention the Mitochondrial Eve they found, which is one of the earliest human-type forms and has no links to any other fossil record. Plus they was recently an article in the Scientific American which stated the gaps in the Big Bang theory.

I believe the way you do, Wes. Isn't there a passage in the Bible about a million years being the blink of an eye?

You should see the funny looks I get as a bio-major :monk-dev:
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am

I choose multiple but am not agnostic. I was raised primarily Christian but my father also shared some Buddhist and other things he had picked up as he studied different religions a bit. I've picked up other knowledge and belief through my life and experiences. Sure I agree/believe we can't know all about it but I do know some things and not just believe them from reading or listening to others.

The way I see it main stream religions are sort of the same at their core beliefs. I also believe in evolution I don't know who decided god/a central energy/whatever you call it couldn't have created evolution too but could only blink things into being and never let them change but that seems really silly to me to go putting limits on god like that. So basically as Wes put it there, yeah I don't think the days was meant literally 24hrs I mean the earth wasn't even created right away so the day is just meant as way to mark off "time" which didn't even exist right away either.
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:19 pm

As far as evolution is concerned, I agree with Wes. I don't take everything by the letter, anyway.

According to this test http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/ ... Matic.aspx I am a liberal quaker. I was raised as a Roman Catholic. So, I guess that makes me kind of Christian (and I don't quite understand why "Catholic" an "Christian" should be two different things :icon-wink: )
But I am quite sceptical when it comes to monotheism or religion as an institution (such as the Church) or "the one and only" thesis (like people proclaiming that their religion is the only possible way).

I have atheist, muslim and pagan friends, one of my closest friends is a pantheist. I don't really know if we are so different just because of the spiritual categories into which we like to put ourselves and others.
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
Candy Cane Girl
Banned
Banned

Postby Candy Cane Girl » Sun May 01, 2011 1:28 pm

Hey Wes,
tombraiderwes wrote:I am kind of my own, but primarily Christian. I chose Christian,

All I can say is you and about a million others :monk-dev: .

Ms Paula Otto.
illida

Postby illida » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:05 pm

I am an atheist because well I disagree of what a lot of religions say (mostly about gay rights ((lesbian mommehs)) evolution and due to some sexism) I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH RELIGIOUS PEOPLE I mean my best friend is a Christian I put down pastafarianism because my sister and her friends declared me the messiah of pastafarianism XD long story...
I currently own three kitties Corwin(8 months), Brophy(8 months), and Talouse (10 years) :)
Elina

Postby Elina » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:16 pm

I don't know what I am. . .
When I was in Rome I had an epiphany and this is the only time anything like this has ever happened to me. I don't go in for all of it so maybe that's why it happened to me? I don't know. As allot of you know I am a doctor so I am kind of one of those people who always had her head in a book and if it's real I want to see proof but yeah, that happened to me and it was not all sweetness and light which makes me more sure it was not because I had a tiny taste of my other half's ice cream when I am lactose intolerant :lol: .

Other then that I have my own beliefs which I am not totally sure if they are in any main stream religion.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:51 pm

I tried taking that test and it said I was new age :red-face: I guess most of my beliefs do fit there but I don't really want to be labeled that. Though I guess the media portrayal of all new age people being flakes is sort of like the idea that all witches have warts and wear pointy hats, lol.
Pyrokinesis

Postby Pyrokinesis » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:32 am

I picked christian, because I consider myself a christian. However my beliefs similar to Raëlism, so mabye I should've picked other.
Yes, my grammar really is that bad.

Return to “POLLS”