PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Religion?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

What religion are you?

Christian
27%
Catholic
7%
Jewish
No votes
Buddhist
2%
Atheist
18%
Agnostic
18%
Pastafarianism
4%
Scientology
No votes
Multiple
7%
Other
18%

Total votes: 45
Elina

Re: Religion?

Postby Elina » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I have heard of none of these bar Neo-pagan lol:

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%) - http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06 ... lieve.aspx

2. Neo-Pagan (96%) - http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06 ... lieve.aspx
3. Jainism (86%) - http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/2001/06 ... lieve.aspx

That's my results from the test thingy.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TheDarkManiac

Postby TheDarkManiac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:45 pm

Agnostic - Until God(s) show themself, there is no evidence that they exist. It could never be proven that god doesn't exist.
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Huh... I was matched with two different types of Buddhism, one of them being 100%, as well as Unitarian Universalism. I don't really know much about any of those, but I'll have to look into it. I've always been interested in Buddhism though... And now Mike (my boyfriend) has a roommate that is Buddhist, so maybe I will ask him.

Anyway, I was raised Catholic. But clearly I no longer believe in that anymore... Right now I am sort of exploring my ideas and beliefs. I hate that I was forced into believing one thing without even knowing about other religions. I think people should learn before making that choice, which is a personal choice, instead of being born into a certain way of thinking.
cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am

so i guess i will see you at "church" elina
i got the 1) uni uni thing too (100%)
2) hindu 3)scientology
if hindu is on the table.. then i've got a lot of reincarnation to do..
that third one is just embarassing...
well, i know what i Don't believe in.. poorly coded internet quizzes..

i simply believe in things greater than myself.. theologize that.. :shock:

minervasden

Postby minervasden » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:27 am

My quiz results are:

#1 Neo-Pagan
#2 Mahayana Buddhism
#3 Liberal Quaker

#3 while unexpected is funny in the sense that I live in an area with a notable Quaker population.

The quiz it's just lucky it isn't labeled a religion quiz since Neo-pagan isn't a religion it's a spiritual term.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 pm

I am Catholic,but just curious. Why is Catholic seperated out from Christian? It's a form of Christianity too.

But...I'm not a strict Catholic. I believe in alot of things I technically shouldn't believe in in my religion such as reincarnation,evolution, not having to confess to a priest,it's ok to be gay, and that people don't have to be Christian in order to go to Heaven, just be good,nice people(but then all of those except for the confession thing are technically against most if not all formal forms of Christian religion.)

I am Christian because I believe in Jesus being the son of God and being forgiving and that we should be nice to everyone and do charity and help each other stuff and not judge people. I don't agree with most organized forms of Christianity though because they totally and completely contradict what Jesus taught. Maybe it's just me but telling someone that they're going to go to hell because they are gay or Islamic is not "treating others how you want to be treated" or "loving your neighbors as you love yourself". :/ So, yeah, raised Catholic and attend Catholic mass,but I'm really my own thing. I believe in purgatory though,which is purely a Catholic thing as far as I know, but have my own twist on it in that I believe that reincarnation is actually purgatory. Also, as far as I know, Catholism is one of the few Christian religions where even though being a gay is still considred a sin(which I personally don't believe),it isn't believed that people go to hell for being gay. Also, it's a little less judgmental from some of the other Christian religions as the beliefs are that you just have to be Christian to get into Heaven(Again, something I don't believe), and not specifically Catholic, whereas I have some baptists family members that claim I'm going to go to hell just because I'm not specifically baptist. :roll: )

Edit:
I just took that quiz. It says my top 3 matches are:
Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants 100 percent(Lol. Ironic since I'm Catholic. :lol: )
Liberal Quakers 87 percent
Unitarian Universalism 75 percent

I would say of the 3, quaker and protestant are the best matches. I actually agree with alot of their points. I don't think Unitarianism is a good match though as there were only a few points I agreed with.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:52 pm

I am (by the poll anyway) the resident Buddhist here! I was raised Roman Catholic and bounced through a lot of religions before settling on philosophical Buddhism and religious Taoism (they have a lot of the same views). It's bizarre though living here now because everyone is some variety of Christian so I keep getting asked to church, and having to explain the closest church I could really enter would be the Unitarian downtown. Then I get wonderful questions like "How do they teach the words of Christ?"

At least I am getting very good at tactfully realigning the conversation before things get TOO awkward.

To caninesrock - Ok, the reason Catholic is separated out is because once upon a time these religions were majorly different, and in some ways they still are. The changes came as each subsequent religion broke off from the original Roman Catholic church (popes and what-not). With Protestants it's the view of contraception, Lutheran was the wonderful note on the church door, Baptists was the American break off (if I remember correctly), Mormon was the view point of polygamy, Jehovah's Witnesses, so on and so forth et fini. Originally a lot of these churches didn't like certain things (the Trinity was a major point of argument and lots of other things) but here is the main reason I think Catholic is separated off and it's two fold. One is due to the fact that the Catholic (Roman, though Irish is similar) is the oldest and most of these are considered break offs, and it's also that Catholics have a pontiff (known as the pope) that they still follow. None of the other Christian breakaways really have something similar to the pope or it's old-school dogma.

Test Results (oh my head):

Your Top 3 Faith Match Profiles Are:
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers (98%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (98%)
Current Pets: Yokai the ferret, Lumi the shepherd mix and Arel the mutt dog.

Dream pet: An European badger, Raven, Cephalopods!
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 am

I believe in God so I chose Christian. My career choice at one point was actually to become a missionary to spread the Gospel.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:59 am

Different test gives me this
1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. New Thought (99%)
3. New Age (94%)
4. Neo-Pagan (92%)
5. Mahayana Buddhism (90%)

That seems better

http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:10 pm

For TG's second quiz, for my top 10, I got:
1. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (100%) Info & Notes
2. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (98%) Info & Notes
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (93%) Info & Notes
4. Unitarian Universalism (83%) Info & Notes
5. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (80%) Info & Notes
6. Jehovahs Witness (70%) Info & Notes
7. Seventh Day Adventist (70%) Info & Notes
8. Bahai (70%) Info & Notes
9. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (70%) Info & Notes
10. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (70%

The rest was:
11. Reform Judaism (67%) Info & Notes
12. Neo-Pagan (62%) Info & Notes
13. New Thought (60%) Info & Notes
14. Jainism (59%) Info & Notes
15. New Age (58%) Info & Notes
16. Sikhism (58%) Info & Notes
17. Secular Humanism (57%) Info & Notes
18. Islam (55%) Info & Notes
19. Mahayana Buddhism (52%) Info & Notes
20. Theravada Buddhism (52%) Info & Notes
21. Taoism (49%) Info & Notes
22. Non-theist (48%) Info & Notes
23. Eastern Orthodox (47%) Info & Notes
24. Roman Catholic (47%) Info & Notes
25. Hinduism (43%) Info & Notes
26. Orthodox Judaism (43%) Info & Notes
27. Scientology (41%)

Interestingly, Roman Catholic,which I was raised as, falls pretty low on the list. Some of the religions listed I don't think fit as I'm mostly definitely Christian.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Quakers are a type of Christianity so I'd say the top 5 should fit pretty well. All but the one is a type of Christianity. Unitarian Universalism lets you be Christian too if you want. It's not a religion that excludes others.

I think my top options on this one fit me pretty well.
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 pm

I got Secular Humanism. Makes sense.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am

@TG: I was referring to the lowers ones on the list not being Christian like both forms of Judaism, Neo-Paganism, New Thought, Jainism, New Age, Islam,both forms of Buddhism, Tao-ism, Non-theist(is that another word for athiest?), Hinduism,and Sciencetology.

And some I've never even heard of before like Bahai,Sikhism, and Secular Humanism.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:10 am

That's why the others have lower percentages by them. You share that percentage of beliefs with them but the top ones or one are what best fit all your beliefs.

Nontheism isn't really one specific thing, really but basically an atheist as they don't believe in a god but they may or may not still be religious and believe in other things.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:43 am

1. Seventh Day Adventist (100%)
2. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (84%)
3. Hinduism (81%)
4. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (76%)
5. Eastern Orthodox (69%)

That's cool, because I AM Seventh-day adventist. icon-smile
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “POLLS”