PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What kind of animals do you own?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Domestic (1-5)
36%
Domestic (5-10)
11%
Domestic (10+)
6%
Exotic (1-5)
27%
Exotic (5-10)
9%
Exotic (10+)
5%
None
6%

Total votes: 81
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:34 pm

I guess I was wondering how many people here actually own animals, and if so what kinds? I have three sections for both exotic and domestic, to get an idea for number too. Also, You can pick more than one option, so if you have some domestic and some exotic, let us know! And feel free to post specifics after you vote. ^^

I have one cat, Kovu. :3
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: What kind of animals do you own?

Postby sarajeku » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:44 pm

I have 2 dogs, a cat, a foster kitten, 3 sugar gliders, and two african dwarf frogs.
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Opps I put domestic 1-5

Put I have my kitty Egypt
And my 4 turtles
amyers

Postby amyers » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 2 servals trying to get a third, 2 cougars, 1 squirrel, and 1 Siberian lynx (although there are 2 others we think of as ours that we don't officially own).
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:20 pm

3 rats and 2 dogs. Hopefully more dogs and maybe an exotic or two in the future.
FoxAdorer817

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I have 3 hamsters, 2 chinchillas, and a rabbit - so if it's not by species that's my more than 5. And my chinchillas should be expecting babies soon too. <3 icon_biggin.gif
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Foxadorer--good luck with your chinchillas! I was really sad about what happened to the last litter, and I wish you the best of luck on the next! :icon-wink:

I have a red fox, a CA kingsnake, and a Western hognose snake. Once I buy my own land/house (which should be somewhere in the next year or two) I'll have a lot more.

There's a green iguana I'm currently looking at, and I'm wanting some sunbeam snakes. I also hope to get some fennecs or some other foxes pretty soon (pretty soon meaning in the next year, but we'll see how that goes...).

So I would say three exotics. Technically they are all native to the US, but I guess they all fall there. :icon-wink:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:09 am

are guineas,pheasants,quail, and peacocks domestic or exotic? Either way, it makes me sound like a hoarder, but its soooo easy to end up with lots of birds. I guess i really don't consider any of my pets exotic. Coons & skunks have lived around man forever.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 am

Yeah, I think there should be some alternate description for that in the law. Exotic and domestic animals are different than foreign and native animals...and I think all native (continental states for the US) animals should be legal to own as pets, as long as they're not taken straight from the wild...

When I told someone about laws on exotics (they were intrigued that one might "own" a fox or a skunk), they said "Those aren't very exotic, I have them in my back yard!" :lol:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:30 am

Juska wrote:Yeah, I think there should be some alternate description for that in the law. Exotic and domestic animals are different than foreign and native animals...and I think all native (continental states for the US) animals should be legal to own as pets, as long as they're not taken straight from the wild...

When I told someone about laws on exotics (they were intrigued that one might "own" a fox or a skunk), they said "Those aren't very exotic, I have them in my back yard!" :lol:

I totally agree, although I do like the idea of people having to get permits either way. It's a hassle but I think it help ensure that the people own these "exotics" really do care about the animals and have thought out all that go into owning them and also don't buy on impulse because they think the animal is cute or something. If they need a permit they will have to think about it longer than five minutes.

But I know, it's so hard to distinguish. I would say anything that isn't standard is an "exotic"... As in not a cat or dog or rabbit or livestock... Unless the livestock is kept as a pet and not livestock, then... Oh i don't know. xD I just don't know. :lol:
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:38 am

I agree about permits. I just think the terminology should be changed :lol:
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
BB

Postby BB » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:29 am

Yeah, I'm a little confused to as what classes domestic and which exotic.... icon_confused.gif
Anyway, one pig, one emu, two dogs, two geese, four chickens, hundreds of fish (tropical and native) oh and recently rescued a red claw yabby and four freshwater mussels!
involuntarily feeding: all types of parrots and other birds, geckos, spiders, snakes and cockroaches... :mrgreen:
illida

Postby illida » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:06 pm

3 :kitty corwin brophy and toulouse I'd love to add a fennec or gray fox to the mix but my parents are very anti "exotic" :wall: what can we really define as exotic or not anyway? :roll: ah well... :bear:
I currently own three kitties Corwin(8 months), Brophy(8 months), and Talouse (10 years) :)
Elina

Postby Elina » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:32 pm

I have 3 dogs, 1 bengal cat, 4 corsac foxes, 3 fennec foxes, 1 arctic fox, 2 colony's of African pygmy dormice, 2 Asian garden dormice and two Southern flying squirrels. . . For now. I hope to get Princess a boyfriend next or an Alaskan Klee Kai. I will get both but I don't know who first and my partner will probably wait to get Sapphire a boyfriend.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Elina wrote:I have 3 dogs, 1 bengal cat, 4 corsac foxes, 3 fennec foxes, 1 arctic fox, 2 colony's of African pygmy dormice, 2 Asian garden dormice and two Southern flying squirrels. . . For now. I hope to get Princess a boyfriend next or an Alaskan Klee Kai. I will get both but I don't know who first and my partner will probably wait to get Sapphire a boyfriend.

I thought you had a raccoon for some reason...

That's a nice variety there... I know it's probably a tough question, but can you name a "favorite" of the types of pets you have? And how are all the mice and squirrels with the foxes? Don't they try and eat them? Or what? Also, you must have a large house/yard or something. I'd like to have that many pets some day, but I feel like I'd need a lot of land O.o

Return to “POLLS”