PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What kind of animals do you own?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

What kind of animals do you own?

Domestic (1-5)
36%
Domestic (5-10)
11%
Domestic (10+)
6%
Exotic (1-5)
27%
Exotic (5-10)
9%
Exotic (10+)
5%
None
6%

Total votes: 81
Alynn

Re: What kind of animals do you own?

Postby Alynn » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:55 pm

The animals that are mine:
1 Arctic fox, 1 dog, 1 cat, and a mouse.

The animals that aren't mine but I still have to take care of (x_x)
1 cat, 1 dog, and a fish.

Total:
1 fox, 2 dogs, 2 cats, a mouse and a fish.

I'm at my limit here.

When I move out, Miehiera is probably the only one I take with me. I don't think Samantha will last another 5 years, but we'll see, and even if she does, it wouldn't be fair to give her all that stress when she's in her old age (which she would be 13). Same for my cat - I don't think she'd like being it just me and Miehiera at the age of 10.

But, we'll see how it all works out.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 pm

it wouldn't be fair to give her all that stress when she's in her old age (which she would be 13)

I brought my old golden retriever with me when I moved (she's 11 now, almost 12). My parents wanted her outside once I was out of the house, and she's happier with me. She gets to lay around and sleep all day.

Elina

Postby Elina » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Whatsername wrote:
Elina wrote:I have 3 dogs, 1 bengal cat, 4 corsac foxes, 3 fennec foxes, 1 arctic fox, 2 colony's of African pygmy dormice, 2 Asian garden dormice and two Southern flying squirrels. . . For now. I hope to get Princess a boyfriend next or an Alaskan Klee Kai. I will get both but I don't know who first and my partner will probably wait to get Sapphire a boyfriend.

I thought you had a raccoon for some reason...

That's a nice variety there... I know it's probably a tough question, but can you name a "favorite" of the types of pets you have? And how are all the mice and squirrels with the foxes? Don't they try and eat them? Or what? Also, you must have a large house/yard or something. I'd like to have that many pets some day, but I feel like I'd need a lot of land O.o

Well Stanley adopted my Dad and my Dad adopted him so he's his hehe. It is fine with me seeing as Stanley want's to kill me.

My 'favorite' of my pets are my dogs and foxes. The cat is more Audrey's actually.

I love watching my dormice but they are a hands off sort of pet bar the pups which I handle allot but most of those I sell. As it is I have two colonies of APD which take up one wall of my home office in their vivarium's.

Though my squirrels are tame they too are more of a pet that I watch more then interact with. I am nothing but a moving climbing frame and treat dispenser to them which is very fun but it is just as fun to watch them zooming around chasing each other. The best fun is when I give them new bedding to make nests with and they try to carry squirrel sized chunks back to their old nest.

Yes my foxes would try to eat my squirrels and dormice, that is why my squirrels have an aviary and my dormice are safely behind the glass of their vivarium's. The foxes are perfectly aware they cannot get to the APD or AGD through the glass and so do not bother them.

In answer to the having a large house or allot of land I currently reside in what was the 'servants' quarters of my parents house. It is partially renovated so it has it's own kitchen (that is actually original as it was the kitchen for the whole house. Now it has new everything, it's just in the same room), living room, dining room etc. and so forth but we have not gotten around to changing the bedrooms so my little 'corner' or the house has ALLOT of small to medium bedrooms which are great for my critters. It means that the corsacs can have a bedroom, Sapphire can have a bedroom, the fennecs can have a bedroom and so forth. My parents do also have allot of land but when I built my wonderful 20ft by 20ft outside enclosure for Harry and Elspeth they did not like it and thus it became Stanley the raccoon's home. :icon-wink:
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TheDarkManiac

Postby TheDarkManiac » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:31 pm

1 Blue and Gold Macaw
1 Raccoon
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:05 am

I recently moved out, so I only have one dog who actually lives with me.

But at my parents' place, I have 2 red foxes (they are actualy as much my parents' as they are mine :mrgreen: ) and 4 rabbits (I tried to find new homes for all of them, but when only four were left, my dad told me to stop, promising that he would take care of them when I can't).
And there is my parents' dog who I take care of when they are away (they travel a lot).

So that makes
2 red foxes (one of them is a platinum fox)
4 rabbits
1 1/2 dogs :lol:
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
paulajo

Postby paulajo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I have 1 Fennec Fox, 2 Sugar Gliders, 2 Short Tailed Opossums, 3 African Pgymy Hedgehogs, 1 Bearded Dragon, 2 Richards Ground squirrels, 2 Chinchillas, 1 Leopard Gecko, 2 Dogs, 1 Eurasion Squirrel and...........45 chickens! :peng:
amanda2826

Postby amanda2826 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:59 am

Two virginia opossums, four sugar gliders, two ferrets, four cats, three crested geckos, four chickens, two ducks, three beta fish, and one bearded dragon.

Soon hopefully a fox. I was really wanting to get a Fire & Ice from Tiny Tracks.. but then I found out that they don't ship.
So I am looking in to other options.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 am

At the moment, I own none. However, in the past I've owned two dogs(both deceased). My dad has 3 dogs dogs which I guess I sort of own,but he and my mom got divorced and I only went over there every other weekend and now he and the dogs live all the way up in Tennessee so I guess I technically don't own those dogs as I've never really had to take care of them or anything. He had also owned a dog and a cat in the past(now deceased as well) and various rabbits that have all supposedly dropped dead from heart attacks of being frightened by loud noises according to him, including the two rabbits he has now(He decided to get two because he thought maybe they'd be less likely to die of fright that way.) I also owned a turtle at his house,but I only went there every other weekend and he forgot to feed it the week I was gone so it died. :nogif: Other family pets include a parrot my aunt had for awhile before she irresponsibly got rid of it. She hasn't given anyone a straight story about it though. She told me she opened it's cage and let it fly away which is irresponsible though,but other family members said she said she sold it or gave it away,etc. My other aunt,who is way more responsible, has 3 cats and 3 dogs. I like all of the dogs and one of the cats and they all like me and I used to go over there often so they are kind of my pets sort of in a way. She also used to have hamsters,but they died because they don't live very long.My older sister had a hamster at one point as well,but after Hurricane Katrina,she was forced to give it away to someone. We've also had various fish in fish tanks in the past and my sister had a beta fish in a fish bowl and a little water turtle in the fish tank.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:51 am

None right now. :/
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
bailee

Postby bailee » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:12 am

Altogether- 7! And I must share pictures because I love showing them off! ;)

Solara, 3 year old female Mini-Rex mix rabbit.

Sabriel, 3 year old male Dutch rabbit.

Silas, 4 year old male Flemish Giant/Chinchilla mix rabbit.

Natasha, 3-4 year old female black and white cat.

Pepper, 2-3 year old female medium haired tabby cat.

Kiba, 6 year old male Shiba Inu/possible Siberian Husky mix dog.

Lady, 15 year old Pitbull/Shepherd/Chow mix dog.

:D
    Sabriel (rabbit - male)
    Silas (rabbit - male)
    Solara (rabbit - female)
    Natasha (cat - female)
    Pepper (cat - female)
    Kiba (dog - male)
    Lady (dog - female)
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:10 pm

Used to own two dogs ( a yellow lab and boxer). Both had to be put down a few years ago because both were old and got to the point where they couldn't even stand up one day. Now, I go over to my aunt's house where I play with her dogs( a brown mixed breed resuce dog that they think might be a chocolate lab-australian shepherd mix but aren't sure, a 3/4 bloodhound, 1/4 weinramer that my aunt got from her dad who owns bloodhounds and his bloodhound got out and had puppies with a neighbor's weinramer I think),and a purebred miniature dashund.) She also has 4 cats at her house,but I'm not really that into cats. I do like one cat though(an orange tabby) who I used to see when I went over to my aunt's house everyday after school. He really liked me and even would come to greet me when I went over there everyday which I thought was uncharactesic for a cat. Anyway, since I graduated school though and stopped going there, he harldy ever comes up to me anymore. I don't know what his deal is, if he feels anger at me like I betrayed him by not coming as often anymore or if doesn't remember who I am anymore? :/

Besides that, I grew up with two dogs when I went to see my dad every other weekend since my mom and dad aree divorced. One is a Yellow lab mix he resuced from the pound and the other is a beagle mix that might have some daschund in her because she has a wierd long body like a dashund,but definitely has a beagle face. I don't see the dogs or my dad that often since Hurrican Katrina though since he now lives in Tennessee and I live in Texas with my mom while we used to all live in Lousiana. My dad also now has Japanese Chin dog as well. All of the dogs greet me and my sister really excitely when we are able to make it up their to visit like they've just been reunited with the long-lost members of their "pack".
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 am

5 dogs, 2 cats, 1 axolotl, and 1 leopard gecko.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
hecate

Postby hecate » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 am

Three dogs, two Greyhounds and one fuzzball. Five horses, four Thoroughbreds and one Appendix Quarter who fortunately takes after the TB side of the family. One bobcat, who technically "belongs to" the wildlife rehab group, but she might as well be mine since I've exclusively taken care of her for going on three years now. And I'm paying all her bills, so far amounting to thousands. The rehab never reimburses anyone a dime.
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:21 pm

I've "downgraded" to one kitty cat. The dogs live with my parents still. Not looking good for having anything other than the kitty cat for a long time.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 am

5 dogs (1 chihuahua, 1 jack Russell mix, 1 German shepherd mix, 1 cocker spaniel mix, and 1 mix of which we have no idea since he was a stray), 2 cats, 1 axolotl, and 1 leopard gecko. I had a beautiful specter white crawfish, but he died a few weeks ago after the tank heater broke and fried him... :icon-frown:
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).

Return to “POLLS”