PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Favorite Exotic Canid

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Which of these canids do you like the most?

Western Coyote
4%
Eastern/Northeastern/Northern/Mountain Coyote
4%
Gray Wolf
32%
Golden Jackal
No votes
Black-backed Jackal
16%
Side-stripped Jackal
4%
Dingoes/New Guinea Singing Dogs
12%
Raccoon Dogs
12%
Wolfdogs
16%
Coydogs
No votes

Total votes: 25
caninesrock

Favorite Exotic Canid

Postby caninesrock » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:10 am

There was a topic for exotic felids,but not for favorite exotic canids so, being Caninesrock, I decided one needed to be made. :lol: Anyways, basically, just pick which canid you like the most and/or would like to own the most.

Oh, also, western coyote is for small species like in Texas or the nominate species, the Plains Coyote/Prairie Wolf. Eastern coyote,etc. are for the large coyote species that live in packs and are more wolf-like,some of which even have wolf DNA and are considered coywolves. The northern coyotes are not coywolves though. Just freakishly large wolf-like coyotes becuase of the habitat they live in and I'm not sure about Mountain Coyotes. The Northeastern and Eastern coyotes both have wolf DNA in them though.

Also, I couldn't fit anymore poll choices,but just so you guys know, the other two choices would have been "Foxes", and "Zorros/South American Foxes".

I've only included species that can actually legally be kept as pets in the poll.

For me, it would be between a gray wolf and an eastern coyote,but I also really want a golden jackal and a western coyote.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Exotic Canid

Postby Ash » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 am

Gray wolf! :rhin:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:01 am

I went ahead and chose coyote, but they're not technically "exotic" since the term exotic means "not native." Just saying. :mrgreen:
My favorite exotic canid is one of the jackals. Dunno which. I like them all. I picked coyote so I wouldn't have to decide.
amyers

Postby amyers » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:50 pm

I picked side-striped. From what I've read they might have the better pet potential of the two jackals that I like. I also really like coyotes and raccoon dogs.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 am

Forever !!! <3 :bear:
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Sun May 24, 2015 11:49 pm

I'd pick the gray fox if it were an option (though it's no more "exotic" than the coyote), but since it's not, I went with raccoon dog.

Return to “POLLS”