PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Favorite weasel-like family?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Civet/Genet
7%
Weasel
53%
Mongoose
20%
Marsupials
7%
Raccoon
13%

Total votes: 15
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:01 pm

What's your favorite weasel-like family?

The option for the Civet/Genet family includes all species and subspecies of civet and genet plus linsangs,but not larger members of the family such as Binturong.

The option for the weasel family is mostly for small typical weasel species like least weasels, stoat,martens,minks, polecats, ferrets,ferret-badgers,etc. more so than for large weasel family members such as tayra, wolverine,otters, other types of badgers,etc.

The option for the mongoose family incudes all true and false mongoose species and subspecies,which includes meerkats.

The option for the marsupials include any weasel-like marsupials such as Little Water Possums and Quolls and sort of Numbats,etc.

The raccoon family option includes ringtail cats and cacomistles.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Re: Favorite weasel-like family?

Postby Splashstorm » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:46 am

I chose civet/genet. I was interested in genets for a while.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 pm

My favorite is the weasel family. I love stoats, martens, minks,ferrets, polecats,and least weasels.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 pm

I really like bints, marbled polecats, and mink. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Sun May 24, 2015 11:12 pm

Mongooses, hands down. I assume you included Malagasy carnivores in the family as "false mongooses," but this would be true even if you didn't include them.

For one thing, I don't think any of the other families other than the mongoose family (and some of the Malagasy carnivores) include social animals.

For another thing, even if they did, social carnivores usually have limits on which members are allowed to breed. The banded mongooses allow all members to breed, which makes it really unusual among carnivores.

For a third thing, the mongoose family includes meerkats, meerkats, Suricata suricatta, and meerkats. Oh, and it also includes meerkats.

Return to “POLLS”