PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Favorite Wolfdog Breed

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Favorite breed of wolfdog?

Saarloos Wolfhond
6%
Czech Wolfdog
31%
Lupo Italiano
No votes
American Tundra Sheperd
13%
Kunming Wolfdog
No votes
British Wolfdog(Saarloos x British Inuit Dog)
No votes
Hebridean Wolfdog(Czech WD x Tamaskan)
6%
Wolamute(Wolf x Malamute)
25%
Wolador(Wolf x Labrador)
No votes
Husky x Wolf
19%

Total votes: 16
caninesrock

Favorite Wolfdog Breed

Postby caninesrock » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:28 pm

What's your favorite breed of wolfdog?

Saarloos Wolfhond

Czech Wolfdog

Lupo Italiano

American Tundra Sheperd

Kunming Wolfdog

British Wolfdog

Hebridean Wolfdog

Wolamute

Wolador

Husky x Wolf
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Talane

Re: Favorite Wolfdog Breed

Postby Talane » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:24 pm

If you're looking into getting one, make sure you check the blacklisted breeders first! And supposedly high percentage wolf-dog pups are dark and solid in color.
Signature art (c) me! Please do not steal it!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Yeah, Though CR has said before she is interested in a certain wolf dog look and not the high content wolf look, good breeder part would still apply though.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:49 am

The wolfador and wolfamute is not a breed of wolfdog, its just two dogs someone threw together to try and sell some pups. No different then if I took Selene and bred her to a shitzu and decided to call the pups Shitawolf or even better wolfshit, lol. To try and make some $$$$$
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 am

Cindy23323 wrote: No different then if I took Selene and bred her to a shitzu and decided to call the pups Shitawolf or even better wolfshit, lol. To try and make some $$$$$

:lol: Wolfshit made me laugh out loud!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:20 am

Thought it might give someone a chuckle :icon-wink:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am

Cindy23323 wrote:Thought it might give someone a chuckle :icon-wink:

Heehee! I've seen bulldogs crossed with shih-tzus being sold as.... well, it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. ;P
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Ok. Scratch the Wolador. The Wolamute should be renamed to just Wolf/Malamute hyrid. They do exsist,but not as wolamutes.

Hebridean Wolfdog was just from one breeder that was crossing Czech wolfdogs and Tamaskan dogs and claiming they were pure Czech so not techincally a real breed either.

British Wolfdogs are crossed by alot of breeders in England but they are basically just crossing between British Inuit Dogs and Saarlooswolfhonds. They're mostly bred by a place called Shoshone Kennels.

The rest are real types of wolfdog crosses and breeds. I guess I should have technically named the poll favorite wolfdog type indeed of wolfdog breed since husky x wolf, and malamute x wolf aren't really techincally breeds.

And the British Wolfdogs and Hebirdean Wolves dogs are debatable and controversial and not really true breeds at all.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:27 am

(very) Low content lab wolfdogs
http://retrieverman.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -wolfdogs/

I'm still waiting for the chihuahua wolf dog :D
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:05 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:(very) Low content lab wolfdogs

So they do exsist maybe. I wonder if the one I posted from dogbreedinfo is from that litter as well.

Neither sets of dogs look very wolfy at all though.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:08 am

caninesrock wrote:

So they do exsist maybe. I wonder if the one I posted from dogbreedinfo is from that litter as well.

They exist just because someone bred two animals together, that does not make them a breed, same as my statement before, that website doesnt prove anything different someone just decided to write about a low content wolfdog being mixed with a lab?? Heck i could write a webpage about some mixed breed mutt and give it a new name would that make it a breed?

Exact same thing for the Wolamute they are not a breed of wolfdog, just something a back yard breeder made up. You are just giving these misrepresenting back yard breeders more power by using they're fake names they made up.
Wolamute was made up by one of the worst out there, by http://www.wolfhuskypups.com/ click on they're link http://wolamutes.com/ notice its the same. They have been fought for years in the wd world, they're one of the biggest misrepresenting liars out there. They will not even give you they're correct name. If you go threw all the pages of this blog you will see where this guy has dealt with them for years, theres tons of posts about them http://wolfdogmyths.blogspot.com/
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah like people calling runt chihuahuas teacups. I just thought it was interesting that it did happen at least once. Look as i was curious also what it would look like being an unconventional mix.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:15 am

Cindy23323 wrote:
caninesrock wrote:

They exist just because someone bred two animals together, that does not make them a breed, same as my statement before, that website doesnt prove anything different someone just decided to write about a low content wolfdog being mixed with a lab?? Heck i could write a webpage about some mixed breed mutt and give it a new name would that make it a breed?

Exact same thing for the Wolamute they are not a breed of wolfdog, just something a back yard breeder made up. You are just giving these misrepresenting back yard breeders more power by using they're fake names they made up.
Wolamute was made up by one of the worst out there, by http://www.wolfhuskypups.com/ click on they're link http://wolamutes.com/ notice its the same. They have been fought for years in the wd world, they're one of the biggest misrepresenting liars out there. They will not even give you they're correct name. If you go threw all the pages of this blog you will see where this guy has dealt with them for years, theres tons of posts about them http://wolfdogmyths.blogspot.com/

No. It wouldn't be a breed unless there were more than just a few breedings of it by more than just one breeder. I wasn't making a point about them exsisting as a breed but more about the fact that there are some exsisting lab-wolf crosses which I found really interesting. In most cases though,it seems like they appear to be an accidental breeding since who would want a wolfdog that looked like a labrador?

I didn't know about the wolamute name being invented by scammers. Sorry.

I made a new topic about wolfdog breeds and types here in the poll section to be more accurate.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:06 pm

I assumed you were talking about a breed being the topics called favorite wolfdog breed. I'm sure there's almost any kind of mix around as people will let anything breed to anything these days.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:17 pm

CR said scratch the wolador and I just posted that I found some, as I was curious if any of the cross actually existed and Cr just replied to me. I'm sorry but I was just curious and have no control of the title of a thread, well technically but I'm not going to go around messing with people's threads. Sometimes threads do spark discussions that are not 100% on the original topic. We allow that sort of thing here.

Return to “POLLS”