PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Which content of wolfdog is your favorite?

Vote in a Poll or Create a Poll.. Any Subject.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Which wolfdog content do you like the most?

Low
No votes
Mid
23%
High
77%

Total votes: 13
Splashstorm

Which content of wolfdog is your favorite?

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:45 am

Low-content:

Mid-content:

High-content:
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Which content of wolfdog is your favorite?

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:27 pm

I of course am going to say high content.

But my sons and husband would disagree and say Max our low is they're favorite

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Lol, of course you will xDD And wow, I don't think I've ever seen any of your HC in summer coat before. O__O Very pretty! <3
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Alot of people wont take and share many summer pics of the animals, they dont look the same without they're coats.

Here's a couple pics where they dont look as good when they have just lost they're coats.

This vs. the next one

Selene summer then winter

Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:01 pm

That's not true at all. Just because a wolfdog doesn't have it's winter coat doesn't make it any less pretty. D: They just look sleeker ^^

She loooks so fluffy here :hin:

ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Dont think i said they werent pretty, just that they didnt look like the same animal :icon-wink:

OOps my bad. Well i guess i did, i said they dont look as good.

That's a he by the way, its Loki, lol
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Loll xD And oopsies!

Well, I really hope I can get my hands on a pure wolf one day. That's my biggest dream, but with all these stupid laws and permits and blah blah blah, I'll have to move to achieve my dream. >:P

ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:58 pm

For me it depends on the individual dog. I look some mids, some highs,and some lows.

I like this low-content for example:

For the mids:

^
This is actually one of the wolfdogs from the sanctuary I used to volunteer at.

And I also like high contents because they look like pure wolves.

All of the images are from Texx tails. I'm confused though. They have some of the wolves I used to work with at the wolf sanctuary and thought were pure wolves on their high content wolfdog page. Everyone at the sanctuary when I was volunteering there even told me that Mystery is a purebred Mexican Gray Wolf that was rescued from a hunter's trap in the wild?
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

All contents are pretty cool in their own ways, but my favorite would have to be HC because of how much I love pure wolves. :3

They have some of the wolves I used to work with at the wolf sanctuary and thought were pure wolves on their high content wolfdog page. Everyone at the sanctuary when I was volunteering there even told me that Mystery is a purebred Mexican Gray Wolf that was rescued from a hunter's trap in the wild?

That's really weird. :shrug: Hmm :stars:

ImageImage
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Alot of sanctuaries are bad for calling they're high contents pure wolves. Big oak wolf sanctuary, calls anything over 90% a wolf at they're place. I know the lines of a few of his animals, and even have copies of documents on one of they're animals stating that the grandmother was only a 90% along with copies of permits from the pa game commission. Plus a family tree lineage, and etc. etc.

Plus Colorado wolf and wildlife does the same thing. They have two of my Selene's sibblings, Zaltana and Kwahadi, that they purchased by the way. Along with three other wolfdogs that they purchased, and now they're calling them all wolves, when they're not.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Alot of sanctuaries are bad for calling they're high contents pure wolves. Big oak wolf sanctuary, calls anything over 90% a wolf at they're place. I know the lines of a few of his animals, and even have copies of documents on one of they're animals stating that the grandmother was only a 90% along with copies of permits from the pa game commission. Plus a family tree lineage, and etc. etc.

Plus Colorado wolf and wildlife does the same thing. They have two of my Selene's sibblings, Zaltana and Kwahadi, that they purchased by the way. Along with three other wolfdogs that they purchased, and now they're calling them all wolves, when they're not.

There are some that they called "wolves" on their website that are clearly low-content wolfdogs(but if you go to the sanctuary, they'll tell you that they are wolfdogs and not wolves),but Mystery is the wolf that started the entire sanctuary. Ms. Jean(founder of the sanctuary) was only inspired to make the sanctuary and got into wolves when she found out about an injured wolf that had been treated by a veternarian and was currently being held by animal control with nowhere to go since the veternarian didn't have the permits needed to keep a wolf in Texas.

This is her story here:
Only one of our wolves has ever been “wild”.

Mystery was trapped by her foot and suffered a severe foot injury escaping the trap. She was then shot and left for dead. A friendly veterinarian treated her but was unable to find a place for her to call home. Thus, the origin of the St. Francis Wolf Sanctuary! It was all her fault! As seen from Mystery’s Then and Now pictures, if ever we made a difference, it was with Mystery! She has kindly repaid us in bounty! Mystery and her beautiful song inspire all who meet her!!!

Even though wolves aren't native to Texas(anymore), the story isn't completely improbable. A small remanant population of Mexican Gray Wolves live in Mexico and some are in New Mexico and Arizona, all of which are in fairly close proxcimity to Texas and in which a wolf could migrate from them into Texas.

Also, I have a brochure from the sanctuary that I bought that has the pictures the paragraph is refering to that show Mystery healing from injury and being held in the cell at animal control.

Also, Ms. Jean is a really nice lady. I talked to her several times while I was volunteering there and she doesn't seem like the type that would lie about her animals. While I was volunteering there, I was even told that one of the animlas in the sanctuary was actually a coydog with no wolf at all in her ( I believe it was Rafiki,but it might have been Sable. I just remember it was one of the white dog-like "wolves" they had).

Here's Mystery's gallery(She looks like a pure wolf to me. Don't know if really Mexican Gray or not though. I think they just assumed that was her subspecies since that's the only pure wolf subspecies that lives anywhere near close to Texas in the wild):
http://www.wolvesofsaintfrancis.org/gal ... p=Mystery/
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Why not write Natasha and ask her about it. She's really nice. She goes to St. Francis alot.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Why not write Natasha and ask her about it. She's really nice. She goes to St. Francis alot.

Ok. Did she have an email on the website though? I didn't notice. Actually, I may have met her depending on if she was at the Pet Fest here in Old Town Springs. Does she own a mid content wolfdog that she brought to Pet Fest? I went to Saint Franci's booth and talked to a girl there that had a wolfdog and told her I used to volunteer at the sanctuary and she let me pet her dog,but I don't recall ever asking her name. She looked kind of young though,like a teenager and I'm not sure how old Natasha is and I don't remember the wolfdog's name sadly or asking the girl what her name was. I know the other lower content one that was also there was a pet of someone else and was named Timber and he was at the booth last year at Petfest. Of course, I'm 21,but look 12,so the girl might not have been a teenager after all though.

Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Can you see this picture, she's the one in the pikachu tshirt. https://www.facebook.com/messages/10000 ... =3&theater

As you see in the pic, there is a previous foster a black mid content named Lucian aka Lu she took. And there is a grey wolfdog also there named Timber.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Cindy23323 wrote:Can you see this picture, she's the one in the pikachu tshirt. https://www.facebook.com/messages/10000 ... =3&theater

As you see in the pic, there is a previous foster a black mid content named Lucian aka Lu she took. And there is a grey wolfdog also there named Timber.

No. It says I don't have permission to view the photos. I guess she only has it set for friends to see. I can't remember what she called the other wolfdog,but I know the one in the back was a grayish lower-mid malamute mix that was there last year and was named Timber and he was being held by a girl who looked to be 12 or 13 this year.The other girl that I talked to was in the front,but I don't remember what kind of shirt she was wearing, just that she looked like an older teen,maybe 17ish. The dog she held looked to have noticably more wolf in him than Timber and I asked her if he had more wolf than the other dog and she told me yes. The wolfdog she had though looked more like a dark gray color to me than a black though, almost like Timber,only a bit darker than him and with a distinctly more wolfy face, making me think he was probably an upper mid while Timber seemed to be a lower mid or low as he had a clearly malamute face to me. The girl who had the higher-content wolfdog whose name I can't remember let me pet him and I was there for quit a while just petting the dog and having a conservation with her about how I used to volunteer at the sanctuary(which was an accomplishment for me as I'm usually extremely shy and awkward around strangers,but somehow animals calm my anxiousness down though and make it bearable in situations where I'd normally freeze when confronted with having to talk to a stranger.)

Also,thanks for the e-mail. I will email her. Too bad I had to stop volunteering before she started do to a move. She seems like a very nice and interesting person and I think we could have been real-life friends if I had been able to volunteer with her. Sometimes I really miss volunteering at the sanctuary. I really need to get over my fear of driving so I can take driver's ed and drive there since there's no way I can get there by bus and no one in the family can or will bring me as they all think it's too long of a drive. The sancutary is currently an hour and a half away from where I live and my mom refuses to lend me a ride because she says gass is too expensive. I haven't been to the sanctuary since my sophmore year in high school in 2008. A lot of the wolves and wolfdogs I used to volunteer with have since passed on and some are new animlas that came after I arrived and I never got to meet. I used to volunteer there when Bianca and Lobo were still alive and Bianca was the ambassador for the sanctuary since she a low content that guests were allowed to touch. Khan was also alive at the time I volunteered as well.

Some of the wolves/wolfdogs they never had at the time I volunteered though are Apache, Lakota,Olowan,Remus, Romulus,Tala, and Tracker, as they arrived after I left the sanctuary. They also didn't have Lola or Spirit either at the time I believe and got them later,but apparently both of those dogs have passed on. Beau, Timbre,Wacipi, and Yukon had all passed away before I even started volunteering there.

The wolves/wolfdogs I volunteered with were: Duchess(was told she was a pure Arctic wolf),Koa(was told wolfdog,but none of the volunteers specified content. He appears to be low content though with that curly tail and other dog traits), Luke(was told a pure wolf,but subspecies not specified),Mystery(was told a pure Mexican Gray Wolf),Rafiki(I believe she was the one they told me was a coydog at the time),Sable(low content wolfdog I think if I remember right), and Yoda(Volunteers at the time claimed he was pure wolf,but I always suspected he was part dog as he had some chubby/muscular features for a wolf. I think he may be a mid content.) I also volunteerd with 3 of the wolfdogs/wolves that are now deceased: Khan(was told he was a pure wolf,but again subspecies not specified), Bianca(told she was a lower content malamute mix), and Lobo(told he came to the sanctuary with Bianca and he was also a lower content malamute mix(but they were not siblings that I can remember,just came from the same owner.))

I don't remember all of their stories that I was told but I distinctly remember the one of Mystery being caught in a trap and left for dead before being rescued and then coming to the sancutary. Khan was rescued from a circus where he was kept in a small cage with people who poked him with sticks to make him mean and called him "Lucifer". When he came to the sanctuary, he was renamed Khan and was not vicious at all when he had the proper space he needed and wasn't being abused anymore. Luke was rescued from someone who kept him locked up in a closet. Lobo and Bianca's story wasn't as sad as the others. They hadn't been abused. Their owner lived somewhere where wolfdogs were previously allowed,but then a new law was passed banning them and so he had to give them away and gave them to the sanctuary to protect them and make sure that they weren't taken away and killed. I don't really remember most of the other wolves' stories though. Those are the ones that really stuck with me.

I didn't actually get to go in with any of the wolves or walk them on leashes like the older volunteers at the time as I was only 16. In fact, I had to quit just a few weeks before my 18th birthday when I might have been able to actually walk the wolves after some training. However, just getting to be that close to the animals and hear them howl was amazing. I liked taking care of them,scrubbing their bath tubs and water bowls,and cutting up their meat,because even though I didn't get to be directly near them, it felt good to be a part of taking care of them and making a difference.

Sorry for blabbing on. The sanctuary just brings back so many good memories for me. It was one of the best times of my life.

Return to “POLLS”