PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Our Christmas Emu "Twiggy"

(Emus, Rheas, Ostriches, Cassowary)

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

reeny

Our Christmas Emu "Twiggy"

Postby reeny » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi everyone! Merry belated Christmas and Best wishes for 2014...Just wanted to share some of the fun and excitement we had taking a few comical pictures of "Twiggy" over the holiday season! He was actually very patient while wearing his Christmas attire and posing for his pics! He is such a sweet bird! Enjoy the pics !!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mechillemybell

Re: Our Christmas Emu "Twiggy"

Postby Mechillemybell » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:49 am

Very nice, love the pictures and the attire :-)
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 am

so so cute beyond words....

how did you keep the hat on? and where did you find a hat to fit him.

thank you for posting the adorable pictures..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
reeny

Postby reeny » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:16 am

Thank you for your comments! :-) Twiggy is such a silly but calm bird..He managed to shake the hat off his head the first few times we put it on...and then he just accepted it...It is actually a little doggy hat that we got from our local dollar discount store. It was actually too big for him but in the pictures it just looks like it fits him. :-)
I'm glad you liked the pics.
ON another subject....I'm not sure how well Emu's do in extremely cold weather...but this winter has hit us really hard here in Ontario. The temperatures have dropped overnight sometimes to minus 30 degrees C.
Our chickens always handle the cold weather just fine...the coop is fully insulated with a heat lamp...but I still feel sorry for all of them when it gets so bitter cold.
We have invited Twiggy in the house on these bitter cold nights. And because Twiggy was raised in the house with us when he was younger..He is used to being in our home and behaves very well...He is just happy to be warm and have our company...So he will lay by the woodstove perfectly content and watch t.v with us...And he loves when one of us sits on the floor with him and cuddles with him.. I think he thinks he is a dog! Ha-ha We just love him!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:31 am

but this winter has hit us really hard here in Ontario. The temperatures have dropped overnight sometimes to minus 30 degrees
yike, that is cold. we are getting really cold weather here too. I worry about my outside animals too.
I put a lot of extra straw for them in their houses.

We have invited Twiggy in the house on these bitter cold nights. And because Twiggy was raised in the house with us when he was younger..He is used to being in our home and behaves very well...He is just happy to be warm and have our company...So he will lay by the woodstove perfectly content and watch t.v with us...And he loves when one of us sits on the floor with him and cuddles with him.. I think he thinks he is a dog! Ha-ha We just love him!
that is really great you can invite him in. twiggy sounds like a super pet. you know I really want to see pictures of twiggy laying by the wood stove. of course any pictures of twiggy makes me happy.

I just love his xmas outfit. I told hubby about twiggy, and he loved it. he still wants to get another emu, but, I can't find any, and don't have the time for one right now :cry:

keep twiggy pictures coming..
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:41 pm

So cute! I love it. Did Twiggy mind having a Santa hat on?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “RATITES”