PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

RHEAS are not always mean

(Emus, Rheas, Ostriches, Cassowary)

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

RHEAS Dad

RHEAS are not always mean

Postby RHEAS Dad » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm

I raised a female from 8 days as my only bird- NOT a good idea) they need company of the flock.
Soooooooooo.... I was diligent and always there for her growing up as I worked from home.
She was amazing and loved to be held and close to me at all times with her wing "twitches" to show her love. She thought she was human I believe.
Believe this or not...we were mentally connected and boy do I have stories!
I have great pics of me holding her in my arms for warmth and love up to 30 lbs and at about 8 months old. She would chase me in yard and stop...and I would chase her we loved our fun in 1999! She loved music too mostly Carlos Santana's stuff and would get up and DANCE and jump crazily when I played it for her!
TOTAL love from her never a bite or even angry look from this wonderful big bird.
I have pics to sare of us -gyork@earthlink.net
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RHEAS are not always mean

Postby pat » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:34 am

welcome RHEAS Dad

your girl sounds like she is full of personality. rare rheas become that friendly.
but being solo helped. sure sounds like she thinks she is human. :lol:

I would certainly love to to see pictures of her and hear more about her.
the link you posted is your email address. can you post pictures? or do you have
anything online? if so, you can post the link.
if you need help with any of the above, let me know.

it is the male rheas that are usually mean. the females are more docile. (but not as docile as your girl)

I look forward to hearing more about your girl and seeing pictures and again, thank you for joining us.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “RATITES”