PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

This is just sick

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is just sick

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:00 pm

https://www.thedodo.com/former-circus-b ... lMouse_fb#

So they took a senior citizen bear, who grew up in captivity, who looks to be declawed and who is hairless and just set if free in the wild to die and act like that's a feel good story and thing to do. It would have been much more merciful to euthanize her then set her "free" to starve and suffer. Such cruelty in the name of "Animal Rights" and "freedom"

Edit" looks like she just might be toothless as well or at least had her fangs removed. I see no teeth in her mouth open shots.
minervasden

Re: This is just sick

Postby minervasden » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:16 pm

It may not be 'the wild' but a specialty enclosure of natural habitat based on this quote of where they took the journey over the Andes to:
"Cholita received the royal treatment as she was carried from her boat to her specially built habitat."

If she is in an enclosure with care being overseen and isn't stressed than this is a better story.
If she really was just dumped into the wild then that really would be terrible.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ana

Postby Ana » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:24 pm

It's a soft release into a man-made habitat designed specifically for her, so it's certainly the best
possible option for a release. There's definitely a branch of the animal rights movement that refuses
to accept that "the wild" has been irrevocably changed, and is not the only ethical option for wild
animals.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Well, if she's still at the rescue that's okay. I thought she was just at the rescue for "rehab" and then released the way the article tried to make it read. Long as she still gets the care she needs because the wild is no place for a hairless, delawed, elder with breathing problems.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 am

Even if that were the case, the Dumb Dumb would certainly support it wholeheartedly. That place is just nuts, and wants all animals in zoos and aquaria thrown out in the wild to die "free and happy".
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:21 pm

Nìmwey wrote:Even if that were the case, the Dumb Dumb would certainly support it wholeheartedly. That place is just nuts, and wants all animals in zoos and aquaria thrown out in the wild to die "free and happy".

Yeah they tried really hard to make it sound as if she was really set free. Like that's what they thought should actually have happened to her. So the fact the AR extremists do actually think a sick declawed bear would be better off set free is still a troubling thing.

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”