PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Cesar Millan

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cesar Millan

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:34 am

Thought we had a topic on this already but seems he was just discussed in other threads.

his is what happens when you use only Punishment based training watch the video.
https://www.thedodo.com/cesar-millan-do ... 81916.html

And he may actually be charged this time.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/10/cesar-mil ... um=twitter
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cesar Millan

Postby pat » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:25 am

first time I seen it.

he needed a backup plan, which clearly he didn't have.

I am sure he has been around a lot more dogs than me. but, I have and had hard headed coonhounds that would chase
my chickens. it took me a few sessions to for them to understand they are not allowed to do that. got to the point where they would nap together.

heck, I even had a dog help deliver piglets.

this guy should really find another profession or learn more about dogs. I have to wonder just how many dogs he has.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:26 pm

He used to have the show "The Dog Whisperer" He's just good at marketing himself not training. He came out on the heals of "The Horse Whisperer" which was all about gentle positive training instead of harsh aversion, aka breaking the horse. So Ceaser copped the name "Whisperer" but then trained in the exact opposite spirit of it. He's got a long list of incidents but he may actually be charged finally. If it hadn't been for the cool in at the time name he never would have gotten so far.

Oh and he now has a ton of dogs at his "Psychology Center" He lets them run around as a pack to "teach others doggy manners".
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Thu May 19, 2016 2:48 pm

I watched that episode. It really wasn't as dramatic as they made it sound, in my opinion. I don't think he is cruel, or the best dog trainer in the world. He is just a good dog trainer who is also good at marketing marketing himself. Letting the dog off it's leash was stupid, I agree with that. But in training animals, everyone is going to make a mistake, he just happened to be on tv.
As for his training methods, I think they make sense. Animals don't think like humans. They can't think in complete thoughts, so snapping a dog out of an agressive mind set with a tug on the leash would make sense. I have applied some of his techniques in training zorr, and I have been able to teach him to run an entire agility course off leash, walk better on a leash than the majority of dogs in my neighborhood, and master the basic commands. Basically, I think what he did was stupid, but things like that happen, and he shouldn't be sued.
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 am

I saw the episode where he choked the husky (by lifting it off the ground by the collar and leash), claiming he was trying to make the dog "snap out of" a behavior. The dog then bit him. From what you can see in the episode, after he lets it go and its laying on the ground in a heap, it urinated on itself because of how hard he was choking it with the leash. I actually got up and walked away from the TV after seeing it.

Shadow and Cesar Millan: An Update on the Strung Up Husky
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed May 25, 2016 2:47 pm

It was one of many incidents it was just the only one I know of police investigated. No animals are not humans but they are not machines either. They feel and yes they do think, or they could not do many of the jobs they do especially ones that do require independent thought like guardian dogs, or the dog who thought it through enough to only steal your snack when you left the room and not right in front of you. No they are not composing manuscripts of their life stories but they think.

http://www.canineprinciples.com/blog/re ... illan.html
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed May 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Dogs are not wolves.
Dogs are NOT wolves.
DOGS ARE NOT WOLVES.

How many times do people have to be told this to understand it? When will the last "alpha roll" by some moron on their dog happen? When am I gonna stop overhearing people telling other people "Oh, you need to show your dog who's boss!" or "You need to get on his level and bite his ear, then he'll stop biting you"?

These people, who try to copy this "training" method of humiliating and terrorizing their pet into an emotional stupor, make my blood boil.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Wed May 25, 2016 4:32 pm

I don't mean to say that dogs do not think, they just aren't capable of thinking like a human. I just think some of his methods make sense, but he often takes it too far.
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sun May 29, 2016 10:40 am

the article you posted mary is great and to me right on target.

ceaser was into this for the money and nothing else. I have to wonder just how many dogs he really did help.

what he did with some of these dogs were cruel.

whisper,
I never really watched much of ceaser, the first time I did see him, I knew he was an idiot.

your right, dogs don't think like humans, but dogs can learn more than people realize without being cruel to them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”