ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Well, I guess they've finally done it

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

vulpini

Well, I guess they've finally done it

Postby vulpini » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:58 am

PETA can gloat now. Ringling Brothers is shutting down. It gave me some fantastic childhood memories. This is heartbreaking, to say the least--for the animals (whom we all know are treated like royalty) to the performers who will lose their jobs, to the generation of children who will prefer video games over the circus.

I must say I am utterly appalled by the unprofessionalism demonstrated by PETA when they 'won their battle.' Mocking and gloating over the circus closing is disgusting, to say the least. ""After 36 years of PETA protests, which have awoken the world to the plight of animals in captivity, PETA heralds the end of what has been the saddest show on earth for wild animals, and asks all other animal circuses to follow suit, as this is a sign of changing times," Ingrid Newkirk, president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wrote in a statement." Great job. You lied to the public and put hundreds of animals out of a home, out of a 'job,' and will take them away from the people they love. Congrats.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/national-new ... k_2014_sfp
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Well, I guess they've finally done it

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Yeah sadly could see this coming soon as they caved and removed the elephants but I guess they lost too much money to fix it and bring them back now.
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:44 am

SeaWorld will be next. Caving to the hate-filled liars will get you nowhere but ruin.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 am

I agree with Nimwey. The people celebrating have no idea what type of movement they're supporting- their pets will be next eventually. :roll:
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 pm

I guess my problem with the circus is just that animals often aren't comfortable around strangers, even when really well treated. You can see it with zoo animals too, being around a lot of strangers can be stressful for them. I think circuses should find animals that do best around people; whether domestic or wild.
I know my animals are uncertain around strangers and tend to be more jumpy and uncomfortable. It's not that I do care for them and the people who come over don't.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:03 pm

It is what they are raised with mostly. We didn't even have to bottle raise our wallabies. They were raised in the petting zoo and were fine with all the people. They were more upset about down time when they had to be on the farm then they were less friendly. Wallabies are notoriously easily frightened and stressed but they weren't because that was their normal the down time and solitude was not.

Some one visiting your home now and then is just not the same as their being constantly exposed to strangers all day. It's harder to get used to sometimes things. They are used to you as you are an always thing, like the crowds are their always/normal thing.

Kind of like country vs city folks city folks may find the sounds/quiet of the country bothersome and play music or run a fan to be able to sleep and country folk might not take well to all the city sounds at night.

A lot of zoos have hands off policies so of course people would bother them more as they only see people at a distance and go by what their moms do and they are nervous cuz they were hands off too. Zoos I have been to however have all had very relaxed looking animals.

The elephants I worked around for awhile loved to perform and would start doing tricks without being asked when seeing people.
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Those are good points. : )

I guess it also depends on the individual animals personality as well. We have two dogs that are brothers and they are very, very different. Some animals just love being around people all the time.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 pm

The people I know who are in circuses evaluate each animal carefully. If the animal is not conducive to the spotlight, it doesn't go in the spotlight. That's the thing most of these people don't understand. There's really no MAKING an animal perform when it is not comfortable. I used to dislike circuses until I actually met people who worked with circus animals. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Some of the animals will be going to Shrine http://nbc25news.com/news/local/shrine- ... -long-haul
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Radio interview with a circus performer http://ruralrouteradio.com/affiliates/t ... lroute.mp3
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:56 am

I always had mixed feeling about circus's. I have seen some videos of how some of the animals were treated.
on another note, it could have been peta that did the videos.

It was a while ago, but, I remember seeing some guy beating an elephant till it bleeds. it broke my heart.
that could have been in another country :shrug: what I remember, thought the trainers said something like they had to
show dominance over the elephant.

then seen how how they travel with the elephants and other animals. most on the road for hours.
it bothered me. then seeing elephants on lots or property to roam free, they all looked so happy.

my question now is, where do they keep the elephants when they are not performing?
I have seen them in small stalls.

however, it pisses me off that Peta has to poke their nose in everything.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:39 am

Ringling has a huge elephant sanctuary. They're not in tiny stalls.

PeTA poking their nose in is the reason they exist.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:55 am

Nìmwey wrote:Ringling has a huge elephant sanctuary. They're not in tiny stalls.

PeTA poking their nose in is the reason they exist.

thank you for telling me that. can't remember where I was, but, I did see elephants in a a stall. maybe it was short term :shrug:

I agree with you about peta. they seem to target the wrong places.there is many other animals that are really being abused,
why don't they target people like that.

Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:42 am

Because Peta does what Peta does best...which is nothing.

This is the same organization that says Poke'mon is the worst video game on the planet because you capture and train wild animals to battle one another; they even made a parody game.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Vata Raven wrote:Because Peta does what Peta does best...which is nothing.

This is the same organization that says Poke'mon is the worst video game on the planet because you capture and train wild animals to battle one another; they even made a parody game.

peta is nuts. it is bad enough when they target animals, but now a game. :roll:

I can't understand how they have so much control over people :twisted:

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”