PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

to eat meat or not?

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

astargirl22

to eat meat or not?

Postby astargirl22 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:01 pm

ok, so we have touched some in the fur farming topic about eating meat so i thought id start a topic on eating meat vs not eating meat. i am just really courious on who does and does not and why. i do eat meat, i love greasy cheeseburgers :lol: and chicken and turkey and ham. yum yum!! i do not have any problems with people who do not eat meat but please do not make it sound like u are better than me bc i chose to eat meat. ;) i really would like everyones opinios though and why you chose to be the way you are. :D
nikki
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
faster

Postby faster » Thu May 21, 2009 12:50 am

Good topic I'm not sure exactly where I stand on this issue, but Have to eat dinner first, so as soon as I get back from KFC I will think about it!

I actually grew up in the country, not alot of vegans out where I grew up, actully none! We raised hunting dogs when I was a kid so naturally I'm a meat eater. I agree with Pat on the conditions they are raised in. Have you ever seen how they raise Kobe beef cows for meat in Japan. Wish I had it that good!
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Thu May 21, 2009 9:25 am

I ate meat up until about 2-3 years ago, now I am a vegetarian but occasionally I will eat some fish and I regularily eat eggs and drink milk. I never try to push my beliefs on someone else or act like I am better than them because of it, that is wrong. Everyone see things differently.
I became a vegetarian because it just felt wrong to eat some chicken then go out and visit and play with my chickens or to eat a hamburger and go pet some cows. I have a deep connection with my animals and, for me, it just felt wrong (not saying that those of you who do eat meat don't have a deep connection with your animals).
Also what put me over the edge is I had to take a Food and Meat Processing class (had no choice) and was forced to take a field trip to a slaughterhouse (or I would fail the course, which I could not afford to do) and had to stand there and watch as two beautiful cows were killed and butchered. The poor cows were terrified.
That is why my choice is what it is.
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Thu May 21, 2009 9:43 am

I love meat.
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.
MBouncer

Postby MBouncer » Thu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

I eat meat but actually prefer wild game to meat from farms.
everyday is a chance learn

Thanks Tim,Crystal,Patience,Stewie,Dutchess,Armand and Rico
mobayrasta

Postby mobayrasta » Thu May 21, 2009 10:18 am

I was a vegetarian for 5 years. Only problem was I did not eat the correct amount of proteins and I ended up getting very very sick. I had to be put on a supplement that I ended up not being able to afford at the time, and went back to eating meat. I am still very conflicted on the subject, and have thought about going the veg route again but doing it right this time. As much as I hate to admit it, humans are omnivores meaning we need meat and fruits and veggies. We were definately created to eat meat, but have reached a point where we don't have to, to survive. If I do it again I will watch what I eat and make sure I don't make myself sick. It is very easy to get on a veg diet and not have enough protien.

I never pushed my opinions on anyone. If they asked why I did not eat meat I would tell them, but I was never a jerk about it. hell I have friends that say they would rather die than eat meat, my health was the final decision for me.

I have to admit, the meatball sub I got from Subway was yummy! (Actually mostly textured vegetable protien not too much meat in their meatballs, lol.)
GoldFox

Postby GoldFox » Thu May 21, 2009 1:24 pm

I love meat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu May 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I just don't understand vegetarians that own carnivores for pets. You wont have an animal killed to support your own survival but it's okay to have a pet, which isn't a necessity so just for fun, and have animals killed to feed it. So killing for fun vs killing to eat, yes your feeding your pet but it wasn't necessary to have the pet so is for your own amusment.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:40 pm

HF... u are soo right. that is such a great point.
i loovvveee meat too
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
BB

Postby BB » Thu May 21, 2009 11:00 pm

I guess humans are supposed to eat meat. Of course there are a lot of supplements on the market to dodge the meat intake but personally I cannot live without eating meat.
Yes of course it is convenient to buy it already packaged in the supermarket but I guess if push comes to shove I wouldn't have a problem killing and preparing my own dinner.
My partner is different. He really only eats beef but if it would come to the point he'd easily turn vegetarian.
I've lost a family member to an illness where it still isn't cleared up if she could have been saved if she would have been a meat eater....
I don't know, each to their own but I believe it is vital to our health to have a balanced diet - which includes meat!
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu May 21, 2009 11:22 pm

well lets see. I raise rabbits, chickens, ducks, lambs, and goats and butcher them myself. I raise hogs but I am not strong enough to deal with them so I take them to the butcher. I dont feel bad, because I do things fast and they never seem to feel anything. They are usually eating treats untill the very last moment. I try and keep them happy, they get treats all the time. the last two sheep were grass fed and supposed to be very lean, but I gave them so many treats they had 1 inch of fat. Oh well, they were happy. yet I have some of the sam species as pets. I would spend a small fortune on my one goat if anything happened to her health. I guess i am weird but I can detach from some animals and allow myself to attach to ones I know I can keep (females).
Today though, for dinner, I cooked up some deer we picked up off the road. My boyfriend is a cop and is usually the one that has to shoot the injured deer so we always get the freshest of meat. Most of it is for the cats, but we do keep the best cuts for ourselves.
BB

Postby BB » Thu May 21, 2009 11:38 pm

Lasergrl,
just visited my family in Europe and ate a lot of deer and loved it (always liked it, even as a kid). It is not something you get in Australia very often .
I've also overcome my ridiculous fear of eating snails, since I looooove seafood, why did my brain lock out snails???? (Maybe because as a kid I had pet snails?? :? ) Anyway, done in garlic sauce it wasn't bad at all - it is just mind over matter.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu May 21, 2009 11:46 pm

I had snails a couple years ago while on a cruise. It was fantastic, although I am not sure if the snail was good or the sauce. I get creeped out by eating whole animals, like clams and such. Something about knowing you are eating the digestive tract creeps me. maybe because one time I am clams they didnt purge them and I got a bunch of clam food in my mouth from the full stomachs. It was totally gross.
I am suprised you dont have much venison there, I always thought that australia was a huge supplier of farm raised red stag and fallow? Its probably all exported like the wild boar.
BB

Postby BB » Fri May 22, 2009 12:16 am

Wild boar, buffalo and camel (and of course beef) is plenty up here in the Northern Territory, not quite sure about venison, maybe down south? (Cooler weather too)
You are right about the sauce with snails... :lol:
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:04 pm

u eat camel? thats weird to me. of course bc its not beef chicken pork or things like that, that im used too. i really do believe too that we are set up to eat animals. its just how things are. of course in my opinion.

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”