PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

What trouble has AR activists given you?

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Nìmwey

Re: What trouble has AR activists given you?

Postby Nìmwey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:24 am

broski1984 wrote:The worst I have had are people who have gotten on me about breeding livestock or purchasing a purebred dog. Apparently, breeding livestock is "raping" them and a purchased dog is some how less deserving of a home than one from a shelter.

I can't speak for those people or the rest you wrote, but generally this is because if you give a breeder money = *he will make more dogs, because a market is being fed. No one is "making" rescue dogs, they will always need help, but if breeders don't get puppies sold, they will stop making them.
So puppy-buyers are creating a demand, that's what people mean when they say you should adopt instead, it doesn't have anything to do with that dog's individual worth.
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:06 am

FrayWolf wrote:Thank you! Yes I alawys put the animal first, its only right to respect the life that I am taking.

I plan on on pelting them as well as selling them to be pets (Dave is a really good example) They will have bigger cages off the ground and will all receve the best care and food, toys, nest boxes, and enrichment I can possible provide for them, reguardless of there fate I will love them all. I also plan on double fencing an acre or so around the cages to help keep people out and so I can let the foxes out to roam and explore, I want them to have the freedom to do what theu want. The ones I do cull will all be sold to the taxidermy industry, I dont like people wearing fur for only fashion I think its a shame. With taxidermy they can be loved and admired for many years to come as they were in their life.

He was! He was so fun to play with. I am honored to have been able to have him, if it wernt for him I would not be alive today. Sabre will have forever changed my life, even if it was cut so short...

That's cool. I'd like to have a fox ranch, but with live foxes. I'd just like to watch them all walk around and see all their pretty colors--watch them play and jump and run and sleep. I'd love to raise and breed a bunch of the different combos, but then I'd be stuck with a bunch of babies that I couldn't do anything with, lol. I don't know if I could bring myself to pelt anything--though I am willing to kill mice/rats (but that's with a CO2 chamber). So it's not really super feasible to have a large-scale breeding operation if I don't pelt.

I actually REALLY want to visit a fox farm sometime. I think it would be neat. But alas, there aren't any fox farms in Utah (we've got TONS of mink farms), and even if there were any, no way would a stranger be welcome. Not that I blame them.

I'm glad Sabre could be there for you when you needed him the most. Animals have a special place in our lives and can help us through the worst. On days that I'm feeling depressed, I go and sling a snake over my shoulders or go sit with the foxes. It always brightens my day. Nothing like a snake snuggling up under your chin, or a fox biting your hair.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:53 am

really wish there was some way to get some of these jerks in trouble with the death threats.
if it is peta/ar, they have a lot of nerve. they do a lot of cruel things to animals. how come they don't get in trouble.
awhile ago, some were caught killing a bunch of dogs :twisted:

glad to hear you use a humane trap. even though I am against trapping, I can certainly understand why you are trapping.

not too keen about fur farms, but, your set up sounds a lot more humane than most.

got my bears back in their enclosure. my property is fenced in also. the females first instinct is to come in my house
and that is where she was. certain loud noise scares them back in their enclosure.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TexasYankee

Postby TexasYankee » Wed May 20, 2015 11:22 am

I've never personally had issues with animal liberationists. My undergraduate alma mater was chalk full of them, but fortunately they ran in different circles, so I never had the misfortune of meeting them personally.

However there were enough of them that we had a school-funded animal liberation group with "Animal Liberation" in its name (most liberationists will use the nicer-sounding "animal rights" rhetoric), and organized an animal liberation conference at my school, with two terrorists as keynote speakers. One was Peter Young, I forget the other.

The school actually funded these speakers, which pissed me off and had me ranting to everybody I know. It's one thing to be content-neutral in funding. However advocacy of violence is actually prohibited by my school's own policies, but of course that was somehow overlooked. Then the other speaker, who was still in hiding from the Feds, backed out when the school didn't promise she wouldn't be arrested, and the animal liberationists screamed bloody murder, because the school wouldn't break the law to protect their terrorist.

Also, the group screwed over anyone at our school wishing to study animal behavior. Threats against the nearby state university's primate lab lead to all students at our school being banned from the facilities for any purpose. I had a friend in animal science who worked in that lab (she was from the uni, not my college), caring for their rhesus macaques. She told me that the only research permitted on these monkeys was behavioral: no medical research. Which isn't to say that I oppose animal medical research (I certainly don't, as long as it's not purely for cosmetic purposes) just that animal liberationists are utterly deranged.

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”