PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pit Bulls

Hunting/Farming/Taxidermy, any topic that may get heated debate.

WARNING things may get a bit rougher here than the other forums.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Buggle

Re: Pit Bulls

Postby Buggle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm

My dad was attacked by our friend's pit bull yesterday. He ran out of the house where my dad was waiting to attend a meaning with the owner's mother. He received punctures to his chest, thigh, hand, and other areas, plus he bit the owner's mother as she was trying to get him to stop. He said he was bleeding a lot but he went inside to get some bandaids and they still went to the meeting. :roll: I met this dog a few months ago, he immediately jumped on me bumping into my chin and started pulling at my shirt before the owner hurried him away. First time I've ever been afraid of a dog, and I told my parents I believed he would attack someone. This dog has a wonderful owner and was adopted young. I find the statement 'it's not the dog, it's the owner' to be offensive garbage. I've always maintained that some of these dogs have genetics that cause this, and I'm not buying their stories and photos of pit bulls with children. I have no idea why pit advocates get so hostile at the mere suggestion that some of these dogs have problems, as though we have no right to observe these patterns and be worried. I feel so sad for our friends and how they must be feeling.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 pm

Yeah some dogs just have issues but a lot of times it is the owner, and that doesn't just include abusers. A lot of the time it's lack of training. Yes they were bred to be aggressive, like collies were bred to nip at heals. Both have to be trained properly to control their instincts. I'm sure they are nice people but you can't just spoil them and hope for the best. Your previous experience with him shows a lack of training.

My half sister has one she trained to be her service dog and is sweet and has cats and other dogs in the house plus chicken and horses. But playing them all off as sweet as pie inst helpful either. You wouldn't want a hyper active breed in a sedentary home, etc. So it's better that the community own up to bully breeds being stubborn and prone to aggression without proper training and management. So the right matches can be made, instead of pretend they are great for everyone.
Buggle

Postby Buggle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm

I forgot to mention that according to what she told my sister, he has been receiving professional training and the trainer said something along the lines of him likely getting worse with age and that was just his personality. Not all pits are the same, but I think these dogs should be considered high-maintenance at best, since specialized knowledge is required to prevent possible injury.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Well if they knew he had issues they should have kept better control of him. Trainers can only do so much if owners don't follow through at home. But yeah sometimes some dogs have issues no matter what you do. But agree they like other aggressive/high strung breeds need to have the right owners and intense(as in lots, not rough) training from young, not be considered an average family dog. A "family Dog" breed should be fairly laid back and easy to train. Schnauzers come to mind a terrier breed basically but bred to be mindful and easy to train, so not as big a handful ass other terriers.

Return to “Controversial ANIMAL Topics”