please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

HELP!!! BABY BIRD THAT FELL OUT OF A TREE!

Hawks, Eagles, Owls, Osprey etc.

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Silverfox

HELP!!! BABY BIRD THAT FELL OUT OF A TREE!

Postby Silverfox » Sun May 31, 2009 7:31 pm

hey guys, i just found a baby bird today that fell out of a tree. it has to small places on the back of it's head that have had the skin slightly peeled away and are redish in color. he/she seems to be doing ok but i have no clue what it is . it looks like a baby crow . it has black feathers and tufts of yellow around the end ike strings . he/she fell on a bed of gravel rocks and he/she seems to be doing ok but i need to know what type of bird that it is! can anybody give me any advice and care information on this little guy/ girl? please i really need the help

thanks u guys.
p.s. how can i find out if he will eat because i have school tomorrow and i don't want him/her to die?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun May 31, 2009 7:51 pm

If there is nothing wrong with it you need to try putting it back in any tree or bush in the area and watch for the parents to come. They are very loyal parents and this is normal for fledglings. A nest is actually a very dangerous place and is a target for predators so they do leave before fully able to fly and mom and dad will still come feed and defend them.

Return to “Raptors, Hawks, Eagles, Owls etc.”