Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

FOX BREEDERS IN TEXAS(orwillingtoship)? Need help finding!

Dates and information for all type animal sale or auctions

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

sarahjane

FOX BREEDERS IN TEXAS(orwillingtoship)? Need help finding!

Postby sarahjane » Wed May 19, 2010 11:32 pm

I have been wanting a fox for so many years. However I can't find any breeders in Texas (where I live - since I heard that shipping them wasn't a good idea but if you are able to please let me know).

I am looking for any kind of the following baby foxes:
-Platinum
-Blue
-Platinum Cross
-Silver
-Red
-Corsac

If anyone could help me out that would be so wonderful! Thank you!
Drache

Postby Drache » Sat May 22, 2010 2:03 am

You're not going to find any because foxes (except Fennecs) are illegal to own in Texas, sorry. You can find this information on the TP&WD website.
Luza

Re: FOX BREEDERS IN TEXAS(orwillingtoship)? Need help findin

Postby Luza » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:06 am

Belated reply, but;

Foxes are not banned in Texas. In fact, there's very few restrictions on pets in Texas, period. You simply require a permit to own one of the species listed as a dangerous species, and foxes are not included on the list.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FOX BREEDERS IN TEXAS(orwillingtoship)? Need help findin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:21 am

Foxes ARE banned in Texas. They always have been but they used to look the other way if it wasn't a native fox as it's banned under the fur bearers laws but then they decided since the laws said "foxes" and didn't specify species all foxes were banned and they started confiscating fennecs. There have been many official emails stating so whenever asked as well.
Juska

Re: FOX BREEDERS IN TEXAS(orwillingtoship)? Need help finding!

Postby Juska » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes, that's what TG said. They are banned as pets. Unless you have a fur bearer's license, you cannot own them at all.

One of your links has a PDF link that says right at the top:
General License and Facility Standards Information
• A Fur-bearing Propagation Permit does not authorize individuals to possess live fur-bearing animals as pets.
This IS NOT a “pet permit.”

At the bottom:
I acknowledge and agree to possess the wildlife listed in this document for the sole purpose of commercial
propagation. If I am issued a permit pursuant to this application, I agree to abide by all regulations and permit
stipulations governing fur-bearing propagation permits. In addition, I understand that fur-bearing animals cannot be
possessed or sold as pets.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:21 pm

Yep some breeders have foxes in TX but they sell to other USDA licensed people out of state and they are in outdoor breeder pens not in the house as pets. Note what Juska quoted says solely as breeders as well. So they could bust you if you breed and sell but keep as pets also. TX is really strict about this. This includes fennec, native or exotic does not matter.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Unfortunately, the only way to legally have a fox in Texas is to have the fur-ebearing permit. While in other states, this can be used as loopholes to own pets or bred foxes as pets, this is sadly not the case in Texas. If I remember correctly, the law even states that you have to prove that you sold a certain number of pelts a year from your foxes, which means you have to kill them. That's the only way you can own them is if you kill them for their fur. Unless you're a AZA-accredited zoo or maybe (and this is iffy) an educational facility of some sort, but the zoo and education permits both seem very hard to get here from what I've read on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website and the education permit doesn't necessarily exempt banned animals like the zoo permit usually would.

It's really ashame though. I wish they'd atleast allow captive-bred colors that can proven to be domestic like marble,platinum, cinnamon, etc., since those colors aren't found in the wild (unless released from fur farms), like some other states allow. They could also require proof that you got the fox from a registered breeder like the other states do too.

Unfortunately, considering the government won't even budge on the exotic fennec which poses no health threats of any kind and can't be taken from the wild since not native, I doubt reds will ever be legal here. They could atleast have an exemption for the Russian-bred ones which are true domestics, but I suppose that won't happen until the Institute there starts selling unaltered animals so that the true domestic foxes can start being bred worldwide by multiple breeders and hopefully one day become as well known as the domestic cat and dog thus allowing more places to make them legal and class them as distinct from wild foxes just as much as dogs are considered distinct from wolves. However, that's a long way away from happening if it happens at all.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Animal AUCTIONS/SALES”