PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Lolli Bros April

Dates and information for all type animal sale or auctions

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 am

Anyone going?

Also, did anyone go to the December one? What were the prices like there?

Does Lolli Bros have a market report for the exotic animal sale? I can't seem to find one.
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Also, I apologize if this isn't kosher, replying to my own post, but I just remembered something and I can't find the edit button!

I am going to the April sale (unless some major fiasco happens and my house catches on fire or I have a heart attack or something of that sort), so if anyone is specifically looking for something, I can report back with what the animals sold for after the sale.
User avatar
Juska
Posts: 2178
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Pennsylvania, US
Contact:

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby Juska » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:32 pm

After a certain period of time the edit button becomes unavailable on your posts, so people can't go back and change them later. Archival purposes.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Juska wrote:After a certain period of time the edit button becomes unavailable on your posts, so people can't go back and change them later. Archival purposes.


Ah, well, that makes sense!
wadifahtook
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby wadifahtook » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Hey Broski, I'm interested in what prehensile-tailed/Brazillian porcupines are going for if you don't mind. They seem to range a lot in price, so I'm particularly curious about them.
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 pm

wadifahtook wrote:Hey Broski, I'm interested in what prehensile-tailed/Brazillian porcupines are going for if you don't mind. They seem to range a lot in price, so I'm particularly curious about them.


I'll make a note to get the prices on them, if they sell there! I don't remember seeing one at Topeka recently, but there may be some at Lolli's.
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Not to pointlessly bump, but;

I found the 2011 sale reports. I remember in a prior thread someone was asking about them. Would anyone want those?
User avatar
the_unstable
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby the_unstable » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 pm

I was asking about sales reports in an old thread, though I don't know if they were the 2011 ones. I thought that last time I had checked their site, they no longer had any of the sales reports up - bummer. Did you find the 2012 reports?
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7830
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby Ash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:59 pm

Broski, when you go, could you see if they have any hyenas? I think they did last year. I'd be interested in hearing that.

I hope you have fun. I'd really like to go to one of these auctions some day.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
User avatar
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:39 pm

I should be going this year though I'm nervous of leaving my critters since it will be a few weeks road trip with a friend. It should be a good thing though. The anteaters will stay at the conservation center where Ori is and my dogs with my parents. Then all the anteaters can come home after.
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:36 pm

the_unstable wrote:I was asking about sales reports in an old thread, though I don't know if they were the 2011 ones. I thought that last time I had checked their site, they no longer had any of the sales reports up - bummer. Did you find the 2012 reports?



They are the 2011 ones. I've sent them an email, and they say if you call they can probably get you the 2012 reports. I don't care enough to (I've got severe social anxiety with phone calls - not skype, face to face or anything else), but you can call to get those and I can post the 2011-and-before ones.

Ash wrote:Broski, when you go, could you see if they have any hyenas? I think they did last year. I'd be interested in hearing that.

I hope you have fun. I'd really like to go to one of these auctions some day.


Sure! I'll add them to my list of animals to get prices on. They've had them several times in the past. A trio went for 5200 a few years back, apparently.

The auctions are very fun to go to even if one can't buy anything - honestly I recommend them for anyone who is in the area and has the time. I always go to the Topeka one, even though the most exotic thing I've ever bought was an angora goat.

TamanduaGirl wrote:I should be going this year though I'm nervous of leaving my critters since it will be a few weeks road trip with a friend. It should be a good thing though. The anteaters will stay at the conservation center where Ori is and my dogs with my parents. Then all the anteaters can come home after.


Oh, well, that sounds fun! I understand being nervous though - we're traveling 7 hours (It is 7 hours to Lolli, 5 to Mt Hope for me, and as Lolli's seems bigger and there aren't as many rings and I'm only going with two people - neither of whom will bid for me!) and I'm worried about the much less exotic, and much more easy to take care of animals that we're leaving behind.

Assuming no one gives birth or goes through a fence though, it all should probably be fine.

Sorry for not responding to this thread sooner - internet went out!
User avatar
the_unstable
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby the_unstable » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:51 pm

They are the 2011 ones. I've sent them an email, and they say if you call they can probably get you the 2012 reports. I don't care enough to (I've got severe social anxiety with phone calls - not skype, face to face or anything else), but you can call to get those and I can post the 2011-and-before ones.

Cool, thanks for the info. I don't really care enough to bother with it myself, though now I know I can get them in the future if I really want. I may call after about it after the April sale, especially if I don't go. Considering the way finances and such are looking at this moment in my life, I will be surprised if I make it.
User avatar
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10196
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Oregon, USA
Contact:

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah should be fun I'm just a homebody so would be nervous anyway but I've only ever left Pua overnight once due to a human family emergency. At first we were going to take Pua on the trip with us. She came with me on a trip before but I had Stewie with me and she only relaxed when she saw him playing and she's not as attached to me as she used to be. I mean she still loves for me to give her attention but she doesn't seek me out for attention so I think she will be happier staying with her friends.

I'm getting a young male tamandua from my friend so if it works out that he's the right age and she thinks he can handle it he may take the trip with us for bonding time before he meets the other tamanduas. That being the case though I sure can't afford to get anything at the auction either but it'll be interesting.

My biggest worry is Hyzzie she's 13 and it would be horrible if she didn't survive my being gone. She's in pretty good shape but she gets serious digestive upsets when I'm gone for the day though I used to work on the road so hopefully she will remember that and know I'm coming back and settle down. I'm just a worrier.
User avatar
the_unstable
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 11:46 pm

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby the_unstable » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 am

I'm a homebody as well, though coming out of my shell more nowadays. I wouldn't be able to go on much of a trip myself since my parents aren't too comfortable caring for my raccoons. Lolis is like a few hours away anyway.

You're getting a male Tamandua? YAY! That will be very exciting.

If Hyzzie healthy then I would think she would survive your absence, especially if she is able to stay in her own environment that she is used to or at least with people she's comfortable with.
User avatar
broski1984
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 am

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby broski1984 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:37 am

the_unstable wrote:
They are the 2011 ones. I've sent them an email, and they say if you call they can probably get you the 2012 reports. I don't care enough to (I've got severe social anxiety with phone calls - not skype, face to face or anything else), but you can call to get those and I can post the 2011-and-before ones.

Cool, thanks for the info. I don't really care enough to bother with it myself, though now I know I can get them in the future if I really want. I may call after about it after the April sale, especially if I don't go. Considering the way finances and such are looking at this moment in my life, I will be surprised if I make it.


Ah, well, I understand that!

TamanduaGirl wrote:Yeah should be fun I'm just a homebody so would be nervous anyway but I've only ever left Pua overnight once due to a human family emergency. At first we were going to take Pua on the trip with us. She came with me on a trip before but I had Stewie with me and she only relaxed when she saw him playing and she's not as attached to me as she used to be. I mean she still loves for me to give her attention but she doesn't seek me out for attention so I think she will be happier staying with her friends.

I'm getting a young male tamandua from my friend so if it works out that he's the right age and she thinks he can handle it he may take the trip with us for bonding time before he meets the other tamanduas. That being the case though I sure can't afford to get anything at the auction either but it'll be interesting.

My biggest worry is Hyzzie she's 13 and it would be horrible if she didn't survive my being gone. She's in pretty good shape but she gets serious digestive upsets when I'm gone for the day though I used to work on the road so hopefully she will remember that and know I'm coming back and settle down. I'm just a worrier.


I understand your worries, as well. Most of our animals a monkey could take care of - and no one is really overly attached to anyone or particularly unhealthy - but I know we're going to end up having to take two of our dogs with us, as they're too clingy to stay home alone. Last time we left the one, he ran away and tried finding us.

He's the kind of dog that sits his ass in the window until we get home, though!

I wish you luck whether you go or not.

Return to “Animal AUCTIONS/SALES”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests