Lolli Bros April

Dates and information for all type animal sale or auctions

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lolli Bros April

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Hyzzie is traumatized by long car rides so taking her isn't an option either. She does get to stay home though so that should help. She is fat but otherwise in good health. She just has some minor neurological old age issues(some head twitching but the vet said it was just old age stuff).

It would be nice if Pua and Aurora could stay home too but my parents wouldn't be up for caring for them. Also if I'm lucky maybe Pua and Aurora will be exposed to a male while there.

Yep getting a young male. I'm not positive on his age yet but he was still nursing back early early winter. We had another one reserved but then Ori miscarried and she said he was younger than first thought and still nursing so we waited and she said we could switch to this younger male so he and Ori could come home at the same time. So hopefully all works out this time. It's been a long and windig road trying to get a male.

I'm hoping that if it works out so he can come with us that will help bond him to me before he meets and bonds to my girls. It would also help make him super-socialized and used to travel so would be great for starting to do shows again.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:07 pm

Ah well, that's no good. I wish you the best of luck with them, and your dog!
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 pm

Jealous that there is no big exotic acutions in the deep south, much less Florida. Like the above im mostly a homebody and its way too much of a hassle to get someone to take care of all the animals I have.

Can I add to the list of animals to check and get prices on out of curiosity? Bactrian Camels.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 am

Nicophorus wrote:Jealous that there is no big exotic acutions in the deep south, much less Florida. Like the above im mostly a homebody and its way too much of a hassle to get someone to take care of all the animals I have.

Can I add to the list of animals to check and get prices on out of curiosity? Bactrian Camels.

Sure thing!

I will check to see how much those go for. I can look up past prices, if you want.

I believe there is/used to be a Florida auction and there is a SC one.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:06 pm

broski1984 wrote:I believe there is/used to be a Florida auction and there is a SC one.

The only florida auction I found was in Bunnel or somewhere close to that (think between orlando and Tampa) and was shut down some years ago after the auction owner sold a camel bull to a lady and that camel bull then went on to kill the lady.

Which one are you talking about?

What is the one in South Carolina?
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Nicophorus wrote:
broski1984 wrote:I believe there is/used to be a Florida auction and there is a SC one.

The only florida auction I found was in Bunnel or somewhere close to that (think between orlando and Tampa) and was shut down some years ago after the auction owner sold a camel bull to a lady and that camel bull then went on to kill the lady.

Which one are you talking about?

What is the one in South Carolina?

That is probably the one I'm talking about, although I thought there was another.

As for the other in SC, it was listed on Exotic Animals for Sale:
Exotics Reptiles an Bird Auction
Name: Claxton's Auction
Description: Jan 27th @ 1pm

Everyone welcome. rehome a pet or find a new one.

Exotics, Reptiles, & Birds, Snakes (non-venomous), lizards, turtles, spiders, hedge hogs, ferrets, monkeys & more. Tanks, cages, decorations, toys & more.
Also fish, rats, chickens, doves, poultry, goats, hamsters. All can be sold. For more info on what can be sold please call Lynn 843-909-4285

terms and conditions of auction....all out of state animals must have a recent bill of health to be shown before entering the building.

sellers are responsible for providing something for the animals to go home in with the buyer

payment methods include cash and preapproved checks.

all out of town and out of state checks must be preapproved and buyer must have a bank letter of guarantee for the amount of the day of sale.

all items, animals, etc auctioned are sold as is where is with no guaruntee

auction will take place at 18627 lowcountry hwy ruffin sc 29475

auction begins at 1pm there will be exotics, reptiles and birds auctioned once every other month

Read more: http://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/sea ... z2MPj1nj35

I also looked up the 2010/2011 prices for camels:

2010:
Bactrian M 11250.00 F 13000.00 Bottle M 15000.00 Bottle F 25000.00 White Female 27500.00

2011:
Bactrian M 3000.00-18500.00 F 13500.00-21000.00
September: Bactrian M 4750.00-5000.00
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Looks like there is a one year old female kusimanse/cusimanse consigned to the April sale. It's listed here (no pictures): http://www.lollibros.com/ExoticSales/Nu ... fault.aspx

I might be interested if they weren't bug eaters. Not like I could afford it anyway, though.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:04 pm

I noticed that one last night when I did my daily check of their consignments. They'd been having some issues with the site it seems; zebras still is partially down (there'd been 3-4 others consigned).

In 2010 they apparently had a pair of cusimanse go through for $400. I wasn't aware of what they were until I saw them listed in the sale report!
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:22 am

$400 for the pair or each? I figured they'd go for WAY WAY more than that. They are really cool. But even if it were in the budget...bug eaters. Yuck. I couldn't own an animal that needed insects in it's diet. They just gross me out too much.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 am

the_unstable wrote:$400 for the pair or each? I figured they'd go for WAY WAY more than that. They are really cool. But even if it were in the budget...bug eaters. Yuck. I couldn't own an animal that needed insects in it's diet. They just gross me out too much.

It says $400 for the pair, but I'm honestly not sure if their auction works at "two times the money" or not, and if that price was after it if it does work like that.

I understand though with bugs. My girlfriend and mother both cannot deal with worms (crickets and earthworms don't bug them, but meal and wax worms do) or scorpions; my girlfriend also can't handle centipedes/milipedes or roaches. It's funny because they both love spiders!
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Either way, $400 seems like a good deal to me. Lucky person who got them...

Worms are extra disgusting. Crickets wouldn't be so bad, but meal worms...eugh. I was on vacation in Georgia once and saw a scorpion in the sink. They're kind of cool, it didn't bother me much. Centipedes and millipedes are pretty yucky but not meal worm yucky. Spiders also don't bother me. Kinda weird, eh?
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:59 pm

the_unstable wrote:Either way, $400 seems like a good deal to me. Lucky person who got them...

Worms are extra disgusting. Crickets wouldn't be so bad, but meal worms...eugh. I was on vacation in Georgia once and saw a scorpion in the sink. They're kind of cool, it didn't bother me much. Centipedes and millipedes are pretty yucky but not meal worm yucky. Spiders also don't bother me. Kinda weird, eh?

Sort of!

Maggots always bugged me, but other worms/insects never did. I rather like spiders and millipedes/centipedes don't especially bother me.

Scorpions scare me on a phobia level. I lived in Texas and our house was infested with them. Never again.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:50 pm

There's been a serval and some kinkajous posted now, I noticed. As well as a ton of miniature horses.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Do huge crowds end up going to these big regional auctions? Like to people fly in for them?

I'd love to go to this, but man is it a drive.
broski1984

Postby broski1984 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Nicophorus wrote:Do huge crowds end up going to these big regional auctions? Like to people fly in for them?

I'd love to go to this, but man is it a drive.

FIRST OFF, sorry for the length! I didn't realize until later how much I was rambling. I'm a man who is very passionate about his auctions.

I've only ever been to Topeka (which I believe is considerably smaller than Lolli Bros/Mt. Hope), but even that one draws quite the crowd. I'd estimate for the spring sale, Topeka gets about 300 people day one, and maybe a few more day two, although many of them don't stay for the entire sale, and it's really hard to get a good estimate, as most of them don't stay still!

It's probably about 50-100 less each day during the fall sale, and there are a lot fewer animals. I don't know if the fewer animals is true for all fall sales though; some may actually have bigger crowds. But there's not really any babies that time of the year (although there were a few baby pigs, some calves, and some antelope bottle babies) and most people don't sell deer (due to rut) around then. Prices are a lot lower at the fall sales, if you want certain animals. If it is something someone would impulse buy, then it'll probably be cheaper, due to the hay prices going up; full-sized goats were about the same, but pygmies were much cheaper, for example, and miniature donkeys were about 1/4th the prices they were at the spring sale (the cheapest miniature was $80 at the spring sale, some donkeys couldn't hit $20 at the fall one).

Like I said, I imagine Lolli Bros/Mt. Hope have bigger crowds, but they aren't "sardine packed", from the few videos I've seen. They're not as bad as the Shipshewana Black Friday/Good Friday sales, from what I can tell, but I'd get there early (especially for the first three days) so you can secure your seat(s), and it's better to go with 1-2 other people, so you can have someone to watch your spot! We try to bring two people usually, so two of us can go back and one can watch your spot. If you're going alone, you may want to reserve a seat, but that's expensive.

Some people do travel great distances for the auctions, but not that many fly. It's cheaper to pay the gas and spend the time, than spend money shipping something back, after all! You do see some people with campers, and a lot of people get hotel rooms. Usually people are within a few states' drive, though; the only people who drive further, either are brokers, or people looking for something specific that they can't find locally. At Topeka, there's a guy who comes to the Fall sale from California, and buys all the cheap miniature donkeys. According to him, they go for much more in California and he makes his money back. Another guy from Georgia comes up and buys all the cheap goats, because they go for a lot more there.

They're very fun to go to, especially since you can interact with most the animals. I've handled and petted things I never thought I would before, because of these auctions. Camels, yaks, lemurs, coatimundis, etc. On the other hand, they can be slow during some parts and it's really hard to not buy everything, so I'd only go if you wanted to buy and had the time.

Return to “Animal AUCTIONS/SALES”