PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

EXOTIC SALE IN FLORIDA

Dates and information for all type animal sale or auctions

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

hillw

EXOTIC SALE IN FLORIDA

Postby hillw » Tue May 20, 2014 9:03 am

There will be a new exotic auction opening in Madison Fl. exit 258 on I-10 the 5th and 6th of June. Exit I-10 and go north 2 miles to barn on the left. Starts at 9am eastern daylight time.
hillw

Re: EXOTIC SALE IN FLORIDA

Postby hillw » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:38 pm

This sale turned out to be a great success being the 1st one. It should turn out to be one of the best in the nation. Prices were good and a good selection of animals. I ended up buying a breeder pair of very nice scarlet macaws.
BEST OF LUCK TO A GREAT NEW EXOTIC SALE IN FLORIDA.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Cool. What kinds of animals did they have?

Congrats on the scarlet macaws! They're gorgeous animals. I was really interested in macaws for a while, but their lifespan is what turned me away--too long living for me.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
inkslinger407

Postby inkslinger407 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Does anyone know when the next sale is?
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 pm

If you end up going, please let us know how it is. Also would love to hear your opinions on the various small Florida auctions. I found them to be mostly rabbits and poultry so far, but they do make for a nice family outing, especially the night time ones that have a concession stand.
inkslinger407

Postby inkslinger407 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 pm

My wife found a listing for this Madison auction tonight on the exotic-animals-for-sale website. She called and spoke to the gentleman who runs the auction and he seem really nice. He said they do have exotics come through, but highly recommended us checking out the Tennessee auction for a better exotic selection. This Madison sale is only 3 hours away from our house so were defiantly going to check it out too. I will let everyone know how it goes. The next scheduled auction in Madison FL is on October 3rd & 4th @ 9:00 AM and then again on December 5th & 6th @ 9:00 AM. The address to the auction is: 3856 State Road 53, South Madison, FL 32340. Were probably going to goto the Tennessee auction as well so I will let everyone know how that one goes too.

As far as the other small animal auctions here in florida, they are all pretty much rabbits, chickens, and farm animals. Occasionally reptiles or exotic birds will show up, but even that's rare. We goto the Bushnell Auction, Ocala Auction, Palatka Auction, and Plant City Auctions regularly, but there all pretty much the same selection and a lot of the same friendly faces. We live on a farm in Volusia County so we have all sorts of pets out here and do occasionally sell at the local auctions and swaps as well. I did ask to sale a Red Fox at the Bushnell Auction one time, but the USDA inspector there would not let me check it in. He said that it was to hard for him to monitor who was licensed buyers so he said they will not accept anything regulated by FWC. I heard there was a good exotic sale in Okeechobee at one time, but someone told me that the Federal USDA closed them down a few years ago.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:08 pm

If you are in Volusia, there was one in Christmas FL Or maybe Geneva, one of those two towns in east orange
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:11 am

inkslinger407 wrote: I heard there was a good exotic sale in Okeechobee at one time, but someone told me that the Federal USDA closed them down a few years ago.

Yeah the importers would bring their surplus there. The problem was it was in a big metal barn of sorts and animals were dieing all the time from the heat.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:38 pm

The lady I called said their last exotic auction was this past December. Where are the importers taking their surplus now?

I wonder if that is why I am seeing a lot more adds from the handful of south Florida importers online.
inkslinger407

Postby inkslinger407 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:21 pm

The auction that used to be in Geneva closed down about 3 years ago. The elderly couple that used to run that auction both passed away. There is a small animal auction in Sanford (Seminole county) now, but I personally don't go to that one. I know the owner at the Sanford auction from way before he ever opened that auction and we had a falling out a long time ao over some money that he owed me so I just wrote it off and stay away. The Bushnell auction is the best local small animal auction, but there is No real exotics there. I'm going to check this sale out in Madison and will let everyone know how it goes.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Nicophorus wrote:The lady I called said their last exotic auction was this past December. Where are the importers taking their surplus now?

I wonder if that is why I am seeing a lot more adds from the handful of south Florida importers online.

What happened was they closed down for a few years then reopened for awhile and are now closed again. I think maybe they didn't get as many people selling as they used to before they first closed, because, yeah the importers now sell online or use brokers who sell online for them.
inkslinger407

Postby inkslinger407 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Yeah, There has been a lot of importers and brokers listing online from South Florida lately. We bought a pair of Kinkajou's from a broker in Miami a couple weeks ago on the exoic-animals-for-sale website. His name was Josh and his wife is name Jessica. Both were really nice to us. They ended up selling us a pregnant breeder kinkajou, a 2 year old super tame red fox, a young female cinnamon hedgehog, and a female short tailed opossum all for $800. Then we ended up going back a couple days later and bought a Male Kinkajou for $550. Both came with health certificates and doing great for us. We highly recommend Josh & Jessica to anyone in South Florida looking for Exotics.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:09 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:
Nicophorus wrote:The lady I called said their last exotic auction was this past December. Where are the importers taking their surplus now?

What happened was they closed down for a few years then reopened for awhile and are now closed again. I think maybe they didn't get as many people selling as they used to before they first closed, because, yeah the importers now sell online or use brokers who sell online for them.

And that brings me back to my original thought: what is the true value of real time auctions anymore? The internet has transformed society as a whole, and once the old timers that grew up going to auctions fade away, I predict the actual auctions will too. Its just so much more convenient to place an add online or answer adds online.

That auction in Geneva closed down and the owners died? How time flys. That place made for a nice Saturday (or Friday?) night out.

Is there an auction in Webster too? I can't remember if the one I went to was in Webster or Bushnell.

By the "Plant City" auction, do you mean the one in Dade City (Anthony really)? But you are right, they are all basically the same thing, a lot of chickens and rabbits. And maybe a couple goats/cows.

I'll ask you one more thing since you frequent them all. Which small auction around here has the best (highest) prices for goats usually? I'd imagine the big Ocala auction for goats, right?
inkslinger407

Postby inkslinger407 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:59 pm

There is a real BIG cattle auction in Webster and another big cattle auction in Ocala. Both have goat and pig sales I believe on the 3rd Friday of every month. If your looking to buy a lot of goats at once for cheap, these are the sales to goto as a buyer. If you have a couple goats to sale, I would recommend taking them to sale at the Bushnell animal auction. They will bring the most money at Bushnell. Everything sold at the Webster or the Ocala Stock yards are sold in large quanitys. You may be able to buy Boer goats for $35-40 each, but you have to buy 25+ to get them at that price. There is another small animal auction in Ocala on 100th street every other Friday night. It is usually a fun family night out, but be careful what you buy there because they do not inspect the animals the way they should and you may end up buying more issues then you could ever expect. The Plant City auction is a different auction from the one in Anthony. I have only been to the Anthony sale once or twice.

When it comes down to Dollar for Dollar, Bushnell is more expensive so its more of a sellers auction, but its also a lot cleaner and healthier animals then any of the other local sales so the buyers don't seem to mind paying a little more there.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 am

Ok, I'll have to visit the Bushnell auction more, as a seller. I'm sure that must be the one I went to and just drove through Webster on the way to it. If all goes as planned I'll be spending a lot more time in Bushnell starting in September anyways.

As for Ocala's goat sale, I did go there once and got about 55 or 60 average each on a small group of young goats. I sat through the sales there a couple times and saw things go as high as 400 each for big boer billys. I think its ok if, as you are saying, you got a trailer load of 20+ goats and want to save yourself some time and trouble selling all at once. You can always get best price selling straight from the farm, but then you are spending on average of 30+ mins with each customer as they want to talk and see all your animals. Plus security issues of having strangers over to your place.

Return to “Animal AUCTIONS/SALES”