PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

November Mt Hope

Dates and information for all type animal sale or auctions

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Eeyor216

November Mt Hope

Postby Eeyor216 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Ok so how have the mt. hope auctions been since the ban was lifted? Planning on going to Nov. 4th auction. hoping to see lots of exotics specifically a pair of marmosets. any thoughts on how this auctions selection will b? its over a 5 hour drive for me so hoping for some insight....
kim
Lasergrl

Re: November Mt Hope

Postby Lasergrl » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:31 pm

its up in the air with the NEW rules. Nothing in stone right now, but Kasich has a moretorium on exotic auctions whatever that means. I would call the office and ask what they plan to do. they are nice and you might want to call for a reserve seat anyways.
Eeyor216

Postby Eeyor216 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 am

I thought ppl said they ended up allowing the animals back in the spring but ppl werent sure what would happen so no one brought any exotics? I was hoping ppl would know now that they r allowing them.. the Mt hope site said no cats or wolves i believe, nothing about primates.. is there still a debate about what will b allowed?? :monk-cop:
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:46 am

The spring debate was after the governor strickland ban, I believe. The new debate is due to the Zanesville incident.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 pm

The OLD emergency order expired.

The NEW emergency order was just put in place because of the incident mentioned. This new one put a moratorium on exotic auctions, no auctions with exotics would = No Mt Hope.

Edit found more info apparently it's just ban on "dangerous" exotic animals at auction but the actual order just says it stops exotic animal auctions so.. Apparently they are having it but don't expect much to be there as most will take the order at face value.

http://www.recordpub.net/news/article/5113233
The governor said he is particularly concerned about wild animal auctions in the state. His executive order calls for the Ohio Department of Agriculture to work with auction houses to implement a temporary moratorium on the sales of such animals,

One of the main sites of such sales in the past, the Mount Hope Auction, ceased that line of business as of the beginning of the year.

In a handwritten letter to the state on Friday, the owner wrote that the business “agrees to not sell any dangerous wild animals at our sale. These animals have been banned since Jan. 1, 2011, and will continue into the future.”
Eeyor216

Postby Eeyor216 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 pm

well i just got off the phione w/ them & no primates, tigers, bears, wolves or cats of any kind r alowed, so what the heck is?!1 im kinda pissed cuz i took off work & now don't know if any exotics will b there & if it will even b worth it? Who all is going? Mandy what do u think? im suppose to leave as soon as im done w/ my shift tonight plz respond asap!! thx
kim
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:10 pm

You should go you might be surprised. LG reported there were all the usual small exotics there last time just no large "super" exotics. There are lots of exotics besides, bears, wolves, primates and cats.

It wont be what it once was. MO auction will be the big one now. I missed out this year but might get to go to Lolli's in April instead.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:01 pm

To be honest there almost never are exotic cats anyways. Usually only a hand full of primates. Never bears or wolves in November. The only difference will be the few primates won't be there.
Eeyor216

Postby Eeyor216 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:51 pm

i was interested in primates mainly, but also skunks maybe coatis.. not sure what else. all small mammals, but only exotics.. we"ll see. kinda disappointed
kim
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Yeah Lolli's would be better if you are looking for primates, next one is April.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Well it was pretty lame. November is usually not that great but this time worse then usual. The news was all over. I'm probably going to be shown walking and driving behind them :p
Hardly any cattle and horses. Tons of hedges. Some squirrels, pigs, skunks, capybara, Patagonian cavies, spotted skunks, adult yotes and a silver fox. Some porcupines and coaties and that's it. Oh yeah on camel and one zebra.
Eeyor216

Postby Eeyor216 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 am

I wrote down price list of most animals at auction in warm room & some birds. I will have to post when i have more time. I came home w/ 11 more animals! :-) fitting them all in the car was a different story, lol. Prices were fairly cheap I thought. I'm really glad I went. 4 parrots, 3kinks, 2 spotted skunks, 2 polecats.
Whatsername

Postby Whatsername » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

Wow! A lot of animals... I hope you can handle them all! I'd be overwhelmed...

I am curious about the prices. I've never been to an auction so I've always wondered how their prices compare.
Elina

Postby Elina » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Eeyor216 wrote:I wrote down price list of most animals at auction in warm room & some birds. I will have to post when i have more time. I came home w/ 11 more animals! :-) fitting them all in the car was a different story, lol. Prices were fairly cheap I thought. I'm really glad I went. 4 parrots, 3kinks, 2 spotted skunks, 2 polecats.

Wow sounds like you had quite the trip!

I am so worried about laws in Ohio RE the 'incident' shall we call it.

SO are they out right banning exotics or is it still all up in the air? Every time I find a moment to read the thread about it it has grown by a few pages and I no longer have time to read it all.

If someone could please let me know that would be great.
http://theflashmans.blogspot.com/ - Online home of Elspeth and Harry Flashman the Corsac foxes.
http://flashmanfoxes.webs.com - Photos and videos of my foxlings!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:27 pm

It's not definite yet but the bill they are trying to pass bans exotics(as they've defined) and so far as what was posted includes all non-domestic canines so would ban foxes if it passes unchanged. Still up in the air as it's got to go through the process but it is being pushed hard.

Return to “Animal AUCTIONS/SALES”