PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Lizard Needs to Lose Weight (tegu)

Snakes, Lizards, Salamanders, Turtles, Frogs, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lizard Needs to Lose Weight (tegu)

Postby Ash » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

So my tegu "Payload" weighed 12.6 lbs last year when I first brought him home. He was very healthy, alert, and properly-sized. Lately I've been concerned about his weight since he started looking fat to me, so I weighed him again. 14.8 lbs!!! The big guy definitely needs to lose some weight.

I'll be cutting back on his feedings. In addition, I'll feed him leaner meats such as fish and chicken dusted with calcium powder, and more veggies.

He is a lazy lizard, and a big part of that might be due to it being winter. But I'm going to make him exercise more.

Results and changes will take a while to see since he is a reptile. Dieting takes much longer in reptiles than it does in mammals due to them wanting to conserve their energy except when absolutely necessary. It's easier to walk a dog than a lizard, for example, because dogs, well, they'll actually walk, lol.

Last thing I want is for him to wind up as big as Macgyver the tegu. That tegu is well loved, but so overweight.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Ana

Re: Lizard Needs to Lose Weight (tegu)

Postby Ana » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: PAYLOAD? His name is PAYLOAD??

Thank you for a desperately needed laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please show me your fat lizard.

Return to “Herptiles - REPTILES and amphibians”