Dog Food Recalls: viewforum.php?f=67

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy

Snakes, Lizards, Salamanders, Turtles, Frogs, etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Jen Jen

Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:14 am

I don't think i ever posted pictures of Mr. Darcy, my leopard gecko. Huh. He's about 3 years old, I got him from the Daytona Reptile Expo. He was being sold as a blizzard, and he looked plenty white as a baby. He's actually a Tangerine, and this picture does nothing to show off his colors, since he's getting ready to shed and he was hungry so wouldn't back away from my phone. -_- A pretty shot of his eye ball, though.

I'll post some post shed/post being fed pictures, if i remember. XD

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:52 pm

He's so cute. Even if the colors aren't showing well, that's a really cool picture.

I was researching leos for a while. How are their temperaments? Is Darcy handleable?
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Thank you! Darcy is so hard to take good pictures of, cause he's so interested in the phone/camera.

Leos are great pets if you want something slower, but still very interactive. He is super interested in anything that goes on in my room, and will intently watch what I'm doing. If I stand near his tank, he'll walk over to look at me(that's what was happening in the photo).

He is handleable, but it isn't his favorite thing. It's my fault, I got him on impulse right before i starting going to school(it was vocational, so it was like a full time job), so he wasn't held a lot as he grew up.

Now that i have a little disposable income and free time, I've been thinking about buying him an Elizabeth Bennet...but not sure how he'd react to being introduced to another gecko after years of being alone.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Love the names. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you know more than I do, but from what I've read it sounds like males and females get along well. It sounded like it's the males that you can't house together. I think you can house multiple females too.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:09 pm

I know males are supposed to get on well with females, and I do think I;m going to get him a girl friend or two when the Expo comes around again. But, Darcy has been completely alone since the day I got him.

A few breeder I spoke with said to take introductions SLOW.

Edit: oops, getting my morphs all mixed up! Darcy was sold to me as a Mack Snow, not a blizzard.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Yeah, I'm getting all excited about this.

Don't know about breeding, but I'm definitely going to pick up two females at the expo if i think I can handle a few more leos. I'll see how i feel after i get the fox. XD
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 am

He is very beautiful and love his name. I had one named mr. smiley. icon-smile I taught him to poop in a vase, so there was never any visible in his viv. :lol:
falconthegecko

Postby falconthegecko » Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 am

I breed leos, currenty have 19 icon-smile
3 males, 14 females, and 2 unknown. Various morphs such as RAPTORs, Eclipse, Tremper Albinos, Enigmas, Diablo Blanco, a Giant Super RAPTOR male I'm trying to get to breed, Blood APTOR, no gecko looks the same as another.
If you ever have questions about breeding, etc. feel free to PM me
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 pm

falconthegecko wrote:I breed leos, currenty have 19 icon-smile
3 males, 14 females, and 2 unknown. Various morphs such as RAPTORs, Eclipse, Tremper Albinos, Enigmas, Diablo Blanco, a Giant Super RAPTOR male I'm trying to get to breed, Blood APTOR, no gecko looks the same as another.
If you ever have questions about breeding, etc. feel free to PM me

Welcome to the forum. It would be so cool to see your geckos. Do you think you could make a new thread just for them? I love leos.
falconthegecko

Postby falconthegecko » Thu May 02, 2013 8:10 am

Thanks Ash.
I don't have internet at home right now, but if I have time (or get internet) and can figure out how to upload- I will make a thread and upload photos. icon-smile
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:31 pm

*rises from the dead like a nerdy ghost*

Darcy is eight now, and just got an upgrade.

https://i.imgur.com/556MoGdh.jpg

I really didn't realize how much extra floor space he was gonna get. Need to add moar.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Hey! Welcome back. :mrgreen:

I can't see the image for some reason. Did you redo his caging?
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:29 pm

Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Thank you!

Yeah, he's been in a 20 gal all his life and now he got a 40 gal.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:23 pm

Nice! He looks like he'll be comfortable and happy in there. I really like the plants in there. Really adds a nice touch.

Return to “Herptiles - REPTILES and amphibians”