PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Finally getting around to introducing my newest addition

Snakes, Lizards, Salamanders, Turtles, Frogs, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

CitricPrincess

Finally getting around to introducing my newest addition

Postby CitricPrincess » Sun May 17, 2015 6:04 pm

And I'll use this post to give an older member some more love, too. I've been kinda lazy getting around to this, but right now I find myself sick and therefore trying to cut down on actually interacting with my pets, especially the smaller ones who can't communicate problems as well. And so I must instead talk about them. ^.^

I would like to introduce everyone to Mokuba, my second crested gecko.
I'll confess, he was somewhat an impulse buy at a trip to the petstore to socialize my dog and pick up some crickets for Mana, and I had promised myself that if (er... when) I got a second gecko it would be another female so I could easily house the two together. But I saw this guy's colors and I was sold instantly. I sent my parents a text asking how bad I'd die if I brought another pet home, hoping that they'd give me a cop out of breaking my self-promise. They said I'm an adult now and could make my own choices. So I brought home another pet. XD So, as far as I can recognize crested morphs, He appears to be a red bicolor with dalmatian (maybe dalmatian spotting, but I think as long as it's over 25 spots it's dalmatian, and he defiantly has over 25 noticeable spots) and I think he has some tiger striping on his dorsal. But alas, I am not yet an expert and I could be wrong. But what is most certainly is, is beautiful. And adorable in appearance and personality. He's still a little timid, but it curious enough to make up for it. He's also quite clever, and is growing to be quite friendly. ^.^

ImageImage

And, because she is still happy and pretty as ever, I'll share some pics of Mana, too, as she is forever my beloved first reptile (I don't tend to count the anoles I had in elementary school as Mom took care of them while my brother and I sat back all like "Helping! Helping!" and I remember hardly anything about them except that they existed and the first two were named Zippy and Campy because one was hyper and one was lazy.) So... tangent. Without further delay, here are some pics of Mana being pretty:

ImageImageImage
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally getting around to introducing my newest addition

Postby Ash » Sun May 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Wow, they are adorable! :mrgreen: I went to a reptile expo yesterday, and I saw some of these guys. They're really neat-looking and neat. I'm not very familiar with their care, but would you say they are... "easy," to care for overall? I didn't know much about the color variations.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
CitricPrincess

Postby CitricPrincess » Mon May 18, 2015 12:08 am

When I was doing some research for a reptile I wanted, some sources put them as great starter reptiles, some claimed them as just one little level more difficult than that. I can't relate them to any other reptiles, as I am quite new into reptile keeping (but finding myself more and more hooked as I research stuff. I need to move out, I want snakes~) But over all, I have found their care fairly easy. Make sure they always have access to water and fruit pellets/paste/food stuffs, give them a few crickets or so a week, make sure they have hides and climbs, and handle them often enough to get them used to it and friendly, but watch their tail 'cause they don't grow it back like a leo would. My mother is just happy they don't eat rodents, frozen or otherwise, and my whole family loves them but usually just leaves the handling to me, 'cause they love to climb and jump. But over all, 'easy' would be a good term for them.

I'm getting more familiar with their color morphs as I get more and more obsessive about them and other reptiles I hope to have in both the near and distant future. Besides my hypothisis on Mokuba's morphs up there, I have figured out Mana is harlequin with pin-dashing, though I honestly can't tell if her lighter color is orange enough to consider her a halloween harley or if she'd be considered a black and gold.

But I'm glad you find them adorable, too :3 They are precious.

No fair about the expo though. I was going to go to a nearby reptile expo yesterday and drag my two brothers with me, but alas I am sick and had to make the decision that it would've been stupid for me to go : P I shall have chances to come, though. I think I found one in Oklahoma shortly after I should be moving down there, but my brothers won't be with me so it'll be harder for me to not be shy as can be.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon May 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Cool, and thanks for the info. :) I'm glad your family likes them. Hopefully you'll be able to get some snakes though!

That's a shame you couldn't make it to the expo! You wouldn't happen to live in Utah would you? This past weekend was when we had ours, and I went Saturday and stayed for quite a while. They actually had a sailfin for sale, which was really surprising to me--but it was the wrong species. I need an amboenensis, not a weberii, lol. Still really fun to see all the pretty animals though.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
CitricPrincess

Postby CitricPrincess » Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 pm

Lol, nah. For a couple years I was in Utah for school, but now I'm in Colorado. There was one in Denver this weekend and I was so excited to go that I even had a dream that we made it the night before XD (Mind, interesting as all my dreams. My younger brother had that Emperor scorpion he wants, but didn't name it so I named it Tobias and we took it to the expo with us in my purse because who doesn't want a scorpion in their purse o.O One day I will understand my dreams, mayhaps, but I'm blaming the ailment for that one. And that wasn't even the weirdest thing to happen in said dream), but alas I've been quite stressed lately and stress kills my immune system stupid fast. I swear I've caught three things in the past month. XP Haven't been so bad since middle school.

But yes, soon soon I shall be returning to school and getting an apartment all to myself in Oklahoma and can start collecting all the critters I've so wanted but Mom said no. Well, not all of them... Eventually I'll get out of an apartment, though, I guess XD

Return to “Herptiles - REPTILES and amphibians”