PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Ctenosaurus Pectinata

Snakes, Lizards, Salamanders, Turtles, Frogs, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ctenosaurus Pectinata

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Thank you, guys!

So, this was a little unexpected... I intended to come back with one, maybe even a pair depending on price and quality. But I came back with three. A little breeding trio to raise up!

They are so beautiful. I will make a new thread with pictures of each of them to show you all. Never did I intend to come home with that many! Needless to say, I have been super busy over the past few days--a good busy. I'm buying all their iggy stuff.

I want to keep them outside during the late spring--early fall so they can get as much sunlight as possible. This will not only cut down on cost a LOT, but will also be better for them health-wise to be exposed to the sun. Their colors will really brighten up in the sunlight.

One male, two females. :) I love them so much! Thank-you everybody for all your support. I was so disappointed to "lose" the one iguana at the pet shop, but I got three times better in the end. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:16 pm

That's awesome. Congratulations.
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:05 am

Congrats! I cannot wait to see pictures of them. Would you try getting some banana phase ones and crossing over the morphs? if this blue one is caused by a gene that gets rid of yellow pigment, breeding it into the high yellow morph may cause a predominantly black and white offspring, which would be very cool.
1.4 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.2 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:13 pm

naja-naja wrote:Congrats! I cannot wait to see pictures of them. Would you try getting some banana phase ones and crossing over the morphs? if this blue one is caused by a gene that gets rid of yellow pigment, breeding it into the high yellow morph may cause a predominantly black and white offspring, which would be very cool.

Yeah, I've looked at the banana phase and the pied ones. :) I'd like to get them some day, but first definitely need to raise these little guys up and breed them to each other first.

The larger female has blue on her, but she is predominantly black with some tiny cream patches. Her yellows are fading to white. But she is super black in color.

The other female is very high blue with some super intense orange. She's probably the best-quality one I have. She looks beautiful in the sun.

The male is in shed, so he looks like he's a dull slate-gray all over. So when he sheds and when he gets older, he should really look very blue. The guy I bought him from said he was the highest blue of the four.

Banana phase only took about 3 generations to become consistent. So getting a certain line of color may not take that long. I would like to get the blue isolated into its own line, and then see if I can do something with the bright orange colors as well. :) I'll talk about it a bit more when I make their thread! I just need to get some good pictures of them. Sadly, pictures really don't do these guys justice.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Herptiles - REPTILES and amphibians”