PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Rosy Boa

Snakes, Lizards, Salamanders, Turtles, Frogs, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rosy Boa

Postby Ash » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:05 am

Never thought I'd have gotten a new snake anytime too soon, but an opportunity came up where a co-worker's friend had a wild-caught rosy boa he was trying to find a home for. I wound up taking it--surprised myself, actually.

She is feisty! Has already bitten me twelve times during one handling session, and would have gotten me more if she could have. She has a strong feeding response, and since she's never seen people before I think she assumes our hands are food. She is not biting out of fear--she's biting to eat! Latches on and then constricts my thumb until it turns purple, lol. I need to get a rat crawler inside her so she'll calm down.

She doesn't have a name yet, but I will have thought of one by the time I post pictures of her. She's beautiful, and I can't wait to share her with you guys. :mrgreen:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Lilcuz

Re: Rosy Boa

Postby Lilcuz » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Can't wait to see her Ash! She sounds like a fun snake to be around :lol:
List of animals I'd love to have:

Common Marmoset, Fennec Fox pair, Rock Hyrax, Red Fox, African Wild Dog, Striped Hyena, Grey Wolf, Spotted Hyena, Grizzly Bear, Lion, Wolverine, Giraffe, Komodo Dragon, Silverback Gorilla
Whisper

Postby Whisper » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Oooh, im sure she is beautiful! I cant wait to see her!
Owner of a Red fox, magpie harlequin, and a Netherland dwarf
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:42 pm

I love Rosy Boas! What color/morph is she?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:54 am

Since she's wild-caught, she's not a morph. But her subspecies is gracia. The gracia subspecies are one of the prettiest ones in my opinion. :) They have the silver/gray and metallic pink/orange stripes going down their body. She also has a really unique "paradox patch." It's not really paradox, but that's what it reminds me of.

I lent her to a trustworthy friend for a project, so she will not be with me for a while. But I did take pictures. I thought I had downloaded them, so I came here to post some only to find out they must still be on my phone. :roll: I miss her, even though I just barely got her. She'll be back with me in the summer of next year though. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:59 am

I guess the common name for the subspecies is "Desert Rosy Boa." Here's a picture of what they look like (this is not her, just a picture I found).

https://www.google.com/search?q=Lichanura+trivirgata+gracia&biw=1366&bih=653&tbm=isch&imgil=osO8eID-1sdJgM%253A%253BSlvpzeUEB8FAUM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fsouthwesternherp.com%25252Fsnakes%25252Fgracia.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=osO8eID-1sdJgM%253A%252CSlvpzeUEB8FAUM%252C_&usg=__OB0wpFqXTSnOEguY9zqa5a5-T_w%3D&ved=0CCYQyjdqFQoTCJXFk5GG_sgCFQg1iAodIigAdg&ei=9co9VtX2D4jqoASi0ICwBw#imgrc=MEg1aCb1TbRvYM%3A&usg=__OB0wpFqXTSnOEguY9zqa5a5-T_w%3D

She did eat for me when she was here. She snatched the rat out of the tongues like a maniac-snake, lol. Crazier than my kingsnake when it comes to eating. I was surprised. :shock:

Return to “Herptiles - REPTILES and amphibians”