PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wild Wonders Animal pictures of pure win

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Wild Wonders Animal pictures of pure win

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Here it is! Pictures of adorable animals at the Wild Wonders Sanctuary in Genola, Utah! The following includes a red fox named Skitter (who is absolutely adorable), Reeky Ricardo the skunk, a friendly raccoon, an affectionate coyote, and a ring-tailed cat. Be warned, the picture of Skitter hugging my legs will give you cuteness poisoning.

The raccoon: Here's me and my brother petting the puffball :mrgreen:
Keep in mind that I rarely post pictures of myself (being self-conscious and all)

The coyote, who was an absolute sweetheart icon-smile

The ring-tailed cat being held by my brother and the skunk, Reeky Ricardo:

The last mammal (and clearly favorite animal of the bunch), Skitter the red fox:
Don't worry, I'm not trying to pinch her muzzle, just petting her is all :icon-wink:

And for any reptilian junkies out there, a huge boa constrictor that was quite docile. Those who are ophidiophobic, please skip past this picture.
So there is the best of the bunch (in my opinion), and all for a $10 donation. Not too shabby, eh?
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Wild Wonders Animal pictures of pure win

Postby sarajeku » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 pm

:piggy: OMG I love that coyote! I'm going to steal her and take her home!! Great pictures! That looks like an amazing experience. :mrgreen:
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:28 pm

sarajeku wrote::piggy: OMG I love that coyote! I'm going to steal her and take her home!! Great pictures! That looks like an amazing experience. :mrgreen:

It was an amazing experience; I hope to go there again once the weather is better, or at least when there's no snow in the forecast :mrgreen:
Talys

Postby Talys » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Thank you so much for sharing!! They look so incredible and amazing, and ah!!!!! I need to make a trip over there and run off with that coon. You're right about the cuteness poisoning...but I think I just need more cuteness to fix it ;)
~Oreo and Snickerdoodle (cats) & Smaug and Istari (Betta splendens)~
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Talys wrote:Thank you so much for sharing!! They look so incredible and amazing, and ah!!!!! I need to make a trip over there and run off with that coon. You're right about the cuteness poisoning...but I think I just need more cuteness to fix it ;)

No problem! I'm glad that I can share these pictures; this is something I'm not going to forget.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:27 pm

I love the ones of the raccoon. He looks so friendly and cuddly.

I love the coyote ones too. He looks really friendly and adorable as well. I notice you guys are outside of the fence though. Is no one allowed to go in with the coyote for safety reasons or something?

That ring-tailed cat is ridiculously adorable. I've never seen that close up of a picture before and never realized how cute they are.

I love the fox ones too.

That snake is huge. 0__0
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you so so so much for posting these! What an amazing experience. Is it weird that I'm jealous even though I have my own coons? I guess it's especially wanting to meet the ringtail cat...SO AWESOME! I have a friend in Utah. I will have to tell him about this place. Just so awesome. What was the ringtail cat like? I'd love to get one...
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 pm

caninesrock wrote:I love the ones of the raccoon. He looks so friendly and cuddly.

I love the coyote ones too. He looks really friendly and adorable as well. I notice you guys are outside of the fence though. Is no one allowed to go in with the coyote for safety reasons or something?

That ring-tailed cat is ridiculously adorable. I've never seen that close up of a picture before and never realized how cute they are.

I love the fox ones too.

That snake is huge. 0__0

I forgot why they didn't let us in with the coyote; I know for children it's a bad idea, but the critter loves adults like crazy. I'll need to ask him again. The ring-tailed cat was pretty calm being around unfamiliar people, as was Skitter; I just got down on my knees, called her name and she came right out towards me. She started licking my hands and fingers like dog or cat would, and scratched behind her ears. :mrgreen:
the_unstable wrote:Thank you so so so much for posting these! What an amazing experience. Is it weird that I'm jealous even though I have my own coons? I guess it's especially wanting to meet the ringtail cat...SO AWESOME! I have a friend in Utah. I will have to tell him about this place. Just so awesome. What was the ringtail cat like? I'd love to get one...

Hey, it's my pleasure. I'm glad I was able to shared these wonderful pictures, which prove to me how much humans can really connect with nature given the right conditions. I was kind of wary when the owner said "Foxes' only way of grabbing is by putting their mouth on an object, such as hands or fingers". At first I like :shock: but then he continued "but don't worry, it doesn't hurt at all." As for the ring-tailed cat, it had a striking resemblance to a lemur, especially its tail, but falls under the order Procyonidae, the same as a raccoon. It felt like holding a small cat, and its eyes...very ethereal eyes that I could stare at all day. They typically live in the Grand Canyon region and in other parts of southern Utah, something I didn't know.

So yeah, glad so many people like the pictures. When I go again, I'll be sure to take even more, mwahahahaha!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 am

Lucky, I never got to hold the ring-tailed cat. :)

Was it Sarah showing you around or her husband?

I know the coyote nipped one of her kids and for a while she quarantined it. She doesn't let it around her kids anymore, I don't think. But she's so super friendly and lovey-dovey.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 am

Eeeee! I didn't even see the ringtail cat! :piggy: OMG SO CUTE!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:21 am

Ash wrote:Lucky, I never got to hold the ring-tailed cat. :)

Was it Sarah showing you around or her husband?

I know the coyote nipped one of her kids and for a while she quarantined it. She doesn't let it around her kids anymore, I don't think. But she's so super friendly and lovey-dovey.

It was her husband (forgot his name, d'oh!) But the coyote was super sweet to my family and I, and the husband kept howling along with her, it was absolutely adorable!

sarajeku wrote:Eeeee! I didn't even see the ringtail cat! :piggy: OMG SO CUTE!

Yeah, seriously, as a guy, I never thought I would use the words "cute" and "adorable" but I've no shame in doing so. :mrgreen:
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I forgot why they didn't let us in with the coyote; I know for children it's a bad idea, but the critter loves adults like crazy. I'll need to ask him again. The ring-tailed cat was pretty calm being around unfamiliar people, as was Skitter; I just got down on my knees, called her name and she came right out towards me. She started licking my hands and fingers like dog or cat would, and scratched behind her ears.

That's great that they were all so friendly. Yeah, letting anyone under 18 in with a larger mammal like a coyote probably isn't a good idea. I wonder why adults aren't allowed in either though.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:56 pm

caninesrock wrote:
I forgot why they didn't let us in with the coyote; I know for children it's a bad idea, but the critter loves adults like crazy. I'll need to ask him again. The ring-tailed cat was pretty calm being around unfamiliar people, as was Skitter; I just got down on my knees, called her name and she came right out towards me. She started licking my hands and fingers like dog or cat would, and scratched behind her ears.

That's great that they were all so friendly. Yeah, letting anyone under 18 in with a larger mammal like a coyote probably isn't a good idea. I wonder why adults aren't allowed in either though.

You know, next time I go there, I'll ask; funny, never thought of asking that, but I personally don't think it would be an issue, as the coyote is clearly one very affectionate carnivore. They all made a good impression on me and my family, and the psychological effects of such interactions are clearly beneficial.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 pm

I absolutely love coyotes. They can be incredibly affectionate (see my pictures of Totem for examples) and I'm so glad you got to experience it first hand too. I wish you could've gone in and sat down on the ground with her. It seems you'd have had a lap coyote, like I do. :lol: Mostly because I want to see more coyote pictures. (more pictures in general, but coyote specifically)

I need to go take more pictures of my boy. There are a few recent ones on my facebook, but not here. Once you've had a few experiences with a coyote in your lap, kissing your face, crouched down, whining and wagging its tail, they will win your over almost as much as foxes. Foxes were my HUGE obsession until I bonded with Totem. :mrgreen:
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:00 am

sarajeku wrote:I absolutely love coyotes. They can be incredibly affectionate (see my pictures of Totem for examples) and I'm so glad you got to experience it first hand too. I wish you could've gone in and sat down on the ground with her. It seems you'd have had a lap coyote, like I do. :lol: Mostly because I want to see more coyote pictures. (more pictures in general, but coyote specifically)

I need to go take more pictures of my boy. There are a few recent ones on my facebook, but not here. Once you've had a few experiences with a coyote in your lap, kissing your face, crouched down, whining and wagging its tail, they will win your over almost as much as foxes. Foxes were my HUGE obsession until I bonded with Totem. :mrgreen:

I gotta admit, I have a soft spot for anything related to canids/Canidae; dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes, etc; they're all so adorable, affectionate and fluffy, the best combination. :mrgreen: Do you have pictures of your pet coyote on these forums somewhere? I'll see if I can convince them to let me in the cage next time I go there. :icon-wink:

Return to “Photos & Photography”