PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Some Wild Foxes

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

LiquidOnyx

Some Wild Foxes

Postby LiquidOnyx » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:11 pm

I've been watching our local urban foxes since 2009, but of the dozens of foxes I know, there are two that will always be my favorites; Donna and Big Dog. These two have been together since at least 2010 and are by far the friendliest foxes I've ever met. While I don't really agree with trying to tame wild foxes, these two have been like this since the day I met them, (probably thanks to being regularly fed by people who live in the area.)

Most of these were taken in 2011. I was more focused on another family last year, so haven't seen much of them recently. I haven't actually seen Donna at all in the last year, so no idea if she's still around. I do know that Big Dog and two of their adult offspring are still in the area, though.

My favorite ever shot of Donna.

Heavily pregnant last Spring. She gave birth about a week after these were taken;

While Donna mostly ignores me and gets on with doing her thing, Big Dog is a lot more in-your-face, quite literally!

As you can see, has no fear of me what-so-ever.

He's particularly obsessed with my shoes, and loves playing with the laces!

Standing on my legs to get a better look at the camera. He just loves sticking his nose into the lens.

These were taken this winter. He looks so much fatter in his winter coat!

I'll post some photos of some of the other foxes I watch later.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Some Wild Foxes

Postby sarajeku » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Adorable! I love the second picture! :mrgreen:
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:56 pm

Oh my goodness, I've seen your work on dA and have the picture of Donna sniffing your shoe favorited.
That is just too cool.
LiquidOnyx

Postby LiquidOnyx » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Thank you both!
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Wonderful photos. Some of them look a little too over-saturated, though, or maybe the midtones are too dark.

It's great that you have friendly wildlife that trust you. The best thing a photographer could ask for :)
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
LiquidOnyx

Postby LiquidOnyx » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:31 am

Juska wrote:Wonderful photos. Some of them look a little too over-saturated, though, or maybe the midtones are too dark.

It's great that you have friendly wildlife that trust you. The best thing a photographer could ask for :)

Thank you!
I personally like quite a high saturation, so I sometimes edit it that way in Photoshop.

And yes, friendly wildlife is a lot easier to photograph! The other foxes I know involve a lot of crawling around in bushes and mud to get nice shots. :lol:
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:03 am

LiquidOnyx wrote:I personally like quite a high saturation, so I sometimes edit it that way in Photoshop.

I'm the same way! I love to abuse saturation and vibrancy in photoshop. :lol:
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:13 pm

Fabulous photos!!! Would LOVE to have the opportunity to get this close to the ones that live in my area, but the best I can do is get them with the trail cam!
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Photos & Photography”