PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

My Furry Family ((Picture heavy :O ))

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Lilacpetals

My Furry Family ((Picture heavy :O ))

Postby Lilacpetals » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:32 am

Hiya! I thought I'd show off my babies like one of those parents that shove their wallets in other peoples faces to look at their children.

We'll start off with the cats. (the first one is ours, the others are my moms)

Shearer:
The kittens:
Kate:

Now for the dogs:
Ducky:
Gidget:
Shika:
Swampers: (moms)
Mia: (Moms-- Rescue. This picture was taken about a week after my mother received her. She had puppies around 6 months old but they were all sold by the time my mom found this man. He would lock her up outside without food and very little water. she's much better now, I'll try to get a picture of her for you all now that she's all fattened up!)

Horses: (The one being lunged is my horse, whiskey. I couldn't find my better pictures!)

Rats:
There's 15 rats, but i'll only post pictures of a couple of them! :P

Dapple:
Wolfy:
Ferdinand:
Jude and Alex:
And the babies day 5!

(( I don't breed rats. I initially bought two 'male' rats from a petstore. I adopted two more males off of craigslist. Only upon noticing the two first males didn't 'mature' I found out I had actually been sold two FEMALE rats. 23 days later? 11 babies :red-face: .))

And other:

Fishies:

Raccoons: (My mother rescues raccoons around once a year. She raises them up after the're removed from their mothers by farmers who plan on destroying them after finding them in grain bins. She then releases them on their property and if you're lucky enough, you can see them come around with their babies! She tries to get them use to US so they stay around our property where hunting isn't permitted. It's worked so far!)

Annd have a video of two of the babies in their play pen! (sorry its a bit loud! D8)

http://www.youtube.com/embed/WUxq3r2K0ZI
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Furry Family ((Picture heavy :O ))

Postby Ash » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:27 am

Thanks for posting all those pics! That's quite a big family you have there. The pictures you took are very beautiful; you're a very good photographer.

The raccoons are so cute when they're little! They just look so curious.

What kind of dog is Ducky?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 am

Ash wrote:Thanks for posting all those pics! That's quite a big family you have there. The pictures you took are very beautiful; you're a very good photographer.

The raccoons are so cute when they're little! They just look so curious.

What kind of dog is Ducky?

Thank you! And yes, they're so adorable! Naughty, but very adorable! :lol:

Ducky is a Chihuahua, as is Gidget. :) My grandmother makes the joke all the time that, since I could't get a fennec, I got the next best thing! A tiny dog with big ears and ego. :lol: :P
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Love all the pictures, you're a fantastic photographer. You're so lucky to work with so many animals.
Out of curiosity though, where do you live, and how big is your property? Must be pretty expansive if a raccoon could stay on it after being released.
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh I am in love with Ferd, he looks like the perfect target for tickles and smooches!!!
Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Alynn wrote:Love all the pictures, you're a fantastic photographer. You're so lucky to work with so many animals.
Out of curiosity though, where do you live, and how big is your property? Must be pretty expansive if a raccoon could stay on it after being released.

My mother lives in illinois and she has 100 acres in the middle of absolute nowhere, plus the neighbor has 144 acres and he doesn't allow hunting either, so all together they have about 244 acres to run safe :)
Lilacpetals

Postby Lilacpetals » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:01 pm

Ana wrote:Oh I am in love with Ferd, he looks like the perfect target for tickles and smooches!!!

He is! :DD He's so cuddly and adorable.
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Sun May 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Gorgeous animals!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon May 20, 2013 3:09 am

They're.....SO ADORABLE!
Missfit

Postby Missfit » Wed May 22, 2013 4:18 pm

What a beautiful gang you have!
You have quite an eye behind the lens too; really impressive shots!
Heather

Return to “Photos & Photography”